Chapter 02: Your hero is here

After dealing with a very distressed boy, who was afraid of the doctors examining him, Hawks found himself laying on a couch in the hospital room

After dealing with a very distressed boy, who was afraid of the doctors examining him, Hawks found himself laying on a couch in the hospital room. On the bed, a few steps away, is the woman he learned is called (Y/N). Just (Y/N).

No surname, since the girl never was adopted from the old orphanage she grew on and was put in there by a random person. However, before she reached the age to be self-dependent, (Y/N) disappeared from the orphanage. The research team believes that it was during this period that she was kidnapped by the human trafficking organization.

Everyone thought she was long gone but here she is, after hours of surgery, sleeping soundly like nothing ever happened.

Against her beliefs, (Y/N)'s body has a good amount of healing quirk, nothing outstanding but enough to help with her condition. Only because of it that she was able to survive so many injuries and the list is extensive.

Trying not to think too much about this stressful mission, Keigo look at the baby in his arms. Laying on Keigo's chest, Kai is having the best slumber in years. He never felt so safe in his life. The boy is tiny for his age, due to the precarious environment he grew up, but this only makes him more adorable.

"Or maybe you just took your height after your mother?!" Keigo whispered.

It's strange, to say at least, to see a little version of himself embracing his body like he's the best person in the world. Keigo can't deny, this is a sight to behold. Something inside him just feels oddly warm now.

"Calm down, Keigo... He's not your baby bird..." no matter how many times he says that to himself, within him something is restless. More precisely, his avian self.

"Baby..." a low voice echoed in the room, catching Hawks' attention.

Placing the boy gently on the couch, Keigo approached the distressed sleeping woman. She's sweating and tears can be seen on her shut eyelashes. Touching her hand, he tries to comfort the woman but Keigo was surprised when she sat abruptly.

"Hey, hey, calm down!" he put both hands on her shoulders trying to keep the woman in place.

"K-Kai. Where's my baby? What did you do? Who are you?"

"Take a breath, (Y/N). You're safe. Kai is safe too. I'm a pro hero, Hawks!" he said firmly.

"An h-hero? Oh thank god..." she signed, with clear relief in her eyes. "Where's Kai?"

"He's right there, see? He's sleeping." Keigo helped her to adjust the pillows on her back, so she can now sit comfortably. "You put up a fight in there, huh? We almost didn't have a job to do."

"I had no choice..." she looked up into his golden eyes, afraid. "Am I going to prison because of this?"

"Of course not, you did it to defend yourself and your baby. Nobody can arrest you for this."