Chapter 05: She's the best

After a calm day with a lot of fun moments between the three avians, the next morning began a bit chaotically

(Y/N) had to go alone to the agency. Mirko took her early in the morning to her first therapy session. The girl didn't want to bring Kai with her, who was still sleeping at the time but not only because of that. She knew that this will be a moment to open up about everything that happen in the last years of her life.

(Y/N) don't want to drag the boy into this. Not even she wants to do the therapy actually, but she remembers too well that one of the things that kept her mind at ease when she was in the orphanage was conversing with the local priest.

She isn't a religious person but it was good to find someone that gave attention to her without judging. She fondly remembers how this priest would always say to follow her heart and instincts. That isn't a shame to be different, she's worth and deserves better. It was everything she needed to hear at the time to keep her going, living the life she believed was the best.

(Y/N) just hope that this psychology does the same. Mirko said that she can change anytime the person she's talking to, if she doesn't feel comfortable with them, so this is pretty reassuring. Yet that's not the reason this morning is becoming chaotic.

Well not totally.

Hawks is breaking his head trying to figure out how to make the little winged boy stop crying. He doesn't understand why Kai is so scared. Keigo thought the boy liked him and it would be easy just to wait for (Y/N) to come back home.

He put cartoons on the tv, made a delicious breakfast, and tried to make him play with the favorite toys (Y/N) chosen for him. But nothing would make the boy get out of the corner of the living room, next to the suite bedroom's door.

He wasn't screaming or making a scene. Kai is just sitting there crying quietly and nonstop, using his tiny wings as a shield. Just waiting (Y/N) in the worst way possible.

Keigo's heart is shattering by the time.

"Hey big guy, tell me what you want... You know we can do anything until your mama come back, huh? Just a boys' time, what do you think?"

Even tho his voice is super energetic, he received no response. He wants to do something but doesn't know what exactly. As time goes by Hawks is becoming more and more restless. He did everything to change the situation but nothing works and he can't let the boy cry his eyeballs out the whole morning.

Then something clicked in his mind. He didn't try everything yet!

Crouching down next to him, Keigo carefully carried the boy in his arms. He tried to remember the exact way (Y/N) holds him when Kai has a nightmare. So he walked to the couch and sat down, placing the boy's head on his chest and his little body laying on his abdomen.

Determined to make Kai feel safe with him, Keigo let his shyness aside and started cooing quietly for him.

An indescribable feeling filled Hawks' heart when the boy relaxed immediately and his cries stopped. He almost had a heart attack when his little hands and wings hugged him fiercely.