Chapter 20: Choose them

If Keigo's family thought that the news about having twins was the big plot, but they were immensely wrong

"What do you mean by abnormal, doctor?" (Y/N) asked weakly, reaching for comfort in Hawks' hand, cause she was afraid.

"Can you both see in here?" the man pointed to the screen, that now shows two babies, indicating a specific area.

"T-This are... Wings?" Keigo is shocked. "But how this is possible?"

"You, young couple, are the rarest parents in the world! Less than 1% of babies can be born with a physical aspect of their future quirks. And as you can see, both babies are already showing wings being developed, just like their parents."

The three avians looked at each other in amazement. They never heard of that before at all. As the man informed, it's almost impossible.

"You have a strong quirk, mister Hawks and your wife has an extraordinary one too. Both are one-of-a-kind, but also avians, which combined made a pretty strong gene. The union of your DNA and quirks make this possible."

"This change anything in my pregnancy, doctor...?" (Y/N) asked, already feeling something is off.

"Sadly, yes. It'll be a difficult and dangerous gestation for you, Miss Takami. Because is a rare case, we don't know how it'll be or how your body will deal with the babies' demands. Being twins let the situation even more delicate."

"What do you mean by that...?" Keigo questioned reluctantly.

"I don't want to scare you two, but certain details are better to be stated as soon as possible. In the case of your wife, is safer to say soon so all of us can be prepared to deal with anything that surges. So, being honest, there's a risk where her body wouldn't stand all the demands the twins need because of the precocious quirk development and... In the worst case, I fear the possibility of the babies or miss Takami wouldn't make it."

The room fell into a mortal silence. Kai started to sob and was immediately carried into his dad's arms, who was still stunned. Himself almost crying now.

"B-But there's a chance of me and the babies surviving, right? Even if minimal?" (Y/N) asked firmly, refusing to cry.

"Of course, and that's our goal from now on. You both and my team will work together on this. We'll start to do periodical exams, change your diet, prescribe some supplements and vitamins... We'll do everything to the three of you to be healthy and strong."

"So be it! I'll do anything necessary too. If my babies are an impossible rarity to happen, then both will also be an impossible rarity that has born."

And so she did, with a conviction stronger than everything. (Y/N) left that clinic ready to do all for her babies, reassuring her boys with it.

Reminding them a lot of her conviction on the day she decided that would save Kai's life and give him a better life with everything he deserves. She made it well, she reached her goal!