Chapter 16: The world is cruel

"Are you telling me that this kid did everything alone!?" Mirko exclaimed with widen eyes, not believing what herself just said

The heroes are now at the police station, watching the boy from behind the one-way mirror. He's just sitting there, chilling with a dirty smirk on his face. Waiting for something to happen.

"Stop calling this demon a kid, Mirko. He's a criminal." Keigo snarled.

"He's right, Mirko. Even if he's barely sixteen, this is not a kid anymore." Endeavor stated, crossing his arms and leaning against the back wall.

"Do you guys remember the fact that (Y/N) was taken four years ago? Are you telling me that this brat is killing people since his twelve?"

"More reason to call him a demon." Keigo's eyes didn't leave the boy, staring at him. Suddenly, the boy started to laugh loudly.

"Your anger is cute, pro hero Hawks... It is because I touched your bitch?" surprisingly, he talked directly to the man, looking at the mirror with a sadistic smile.

"How did he..." Mirko was interrupted by Endeavor.

"This is his quirk. It's called Empathy. The boy can feel anyone's emotions and feelings like waves in the air. Mirko, you seriously need to start to do your damn paperwork!!"

"My bad..." she smiled weakly, ashamed that she got caught again.

All of the sudden, the door from the room they're in was opened by Captain True Man. He has some news, some very distressful ones.

At the same time, a man wearing a very expensive suit and golden ornaments entered the next room, serious and calm. The boy's demeanor changed abruptly just by seeing the man, sitting down with a straightened posture and almost not breathing at all.

The suspect is keeping his eyes down and for the first time he's showing fear. The powerful aura coming from the man affects even those who aren't inside the room.

The boy wasn't expecting him to come.

"Please, tell us this is only a chic lawyer..." Mirko whined but the captain only took a deep breath.

"It was decided that the boy will not have a lawyer. Instead, his father came... This is mister Koga Takashi."

"T-Takashi? TAKASHI? THE LEADER FROM THE YAKUZA SYNDICATE IN FUKUOKA?"

"The one and only... Honestly, this is the first time I'm seeing him in person. He's the leader of a small family from the Yakuza, and we barely know anything about it. If he's here then..."

"I don't care who he is, True Man. Let's make this as if it's a normal situation. If they choose to not have a lawyer, better for us. Get the proofs and let's start." Keigo stated finally and headed to the room next door.

As soon as he entered, the boy's face distorted in repugnance. Keigo stayed up, in front of the duo, behind the captain, arms crossed menacingly.

The captain started by phrasing the basic facts and pieces of information about the case, exposing all the shreds of evidence collected. The boy's crimes, victims, and all the deceased. Takashi's face didn't show any emotions and the boy is worried only because of his silence.