{15}- Ending of the Beginning | Trial of the Victors

I AM BACK

I HAVE RETURNED

Enjoy everyone and I'm deeply sorry for leaving u guys hanging for like three weeks.

🫡🫡🫡

Y/N POV

Needless to say, our victory was flawless. No walls destroyed, no citizens injured (except for the people who jumped off the Destroyer precariously), and our target was conquered. What's even better, I got myself a MECH!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Stop it, papa. Your laughs are absolutely horrid." Gli said as she made a face at my maniacal laugh, before throwing a metal bar directly at my head.

"Oi!" A clang sounded as it came into contact with my forehead, and my brain rattled in an uncomfortable manner. "Gli! Just because you are able to hurt me doesn't mean you should keep on doing so!"

"I did tell you to stop laughing like an absolute idiot..."

"Fine, fine. Can I entrust the Destroyer to you while I attend the celebration? And please renovate this place, it's dusty as hell. Also, replace the broken reactor with the original's Version Omega Auto- Nuclear Chambers, as it is more efficient. Shove the coronatite back in when that's finished, okay? The schematic should be in Chamber 9 Section 4, under 'nuclear', I believe."

"I sorted all the files, papa, so of course I know where they are. Just go already, I'll take care of this robot."

After giving me a hug, Gli flew off to complete her mission while I leapt into the air and glided towards Axel's adventurer's guild.

***********************************************************************************************

We didn't teleport the coronatite, so there was absolutely no way that we would be arrested. No mansions blown up, nobody injured, and a Destroyer to defend the city. This is perfect!

A perfect victory was all I desired.

So WHY are Sena and the guards here??!

Me walking into the guild with a smile was my hope but fate decided otherwise.

Aqua came crying as soon as I walked in, latching onto my sleeve before wiping her tears on it. Sighing as I dried it with wind magic, I faced Kazuma who sat there with his hands on his head as if the doomsday clock just finished ticking.

"Kazuma, what is happening?!"

"I don't know either!" Kazuma said as he pointed a finger at Sena, who stood there menacingly staring at us with a glare. "She said we blew someone's place up, and as a result the Destroyer's Bounty is confiscated!"

The bounty is confiscated?

I CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN.

"But we didn't blow anyone's place up? And it was quite the short time frame before we conquered the Destroyer..." I said in a low voice as I turned to Sena, who walked towards us with great suspicion.

"Not just that. Y/N L/N-"

"It's Y/N Ichi. I'm not... you know what, never mind."

"Y/N Ichi. You have taken the Mobile Fortress Destroyer under your control, a machine that has slaughtered hundreds and razed countless lands. How are you to make sure that the mechanism does not go out of control again and kill everyone here and possibly even more?"

"It's okay, I've already re-programmed it so that it could perform way better than it's original system including taking commands from the captain-"

"So it's completely possible that you are part of the Demon King's Army and blew up lord Alderp's mansion with a long-range attack."