{17}- Duke of Hell | Vanir

Y/N POV

"Satou-san and Ichi-san! Is Satou-san and Ichi-san there?"

My peaceful morning on a bright, sunny day was shattered to pieces as Sena approached the house with her usual serious look. She's a hardworking officer, I'll give you that. But maybe a little on the dumb side regardless.

"Again? What is it this time? Is it frogs? Or did something else happen?!"

Kazuma, also just woken up by Megumin, rubbed his eyes that were already full of worries.

"It's the dungeon! What did you do to the dungeon? The Keele dungeon near the town! I heard that many mysterious monsters have flooded out from there!"

Oh, right. While I went out last time with Yunyun, they did a dungeon dive for the Keele's dungeon. But monsters... for what reason?

"No... Wait, that has nothing to do with us! We did enter the dungeon before, but pushing all the blame on me when things go wrong is too much!" Kazuma quickly waved his hands in response, and I nodded to his reaction. From the original's memories... it hardly seems that it was their fault.

Funnily, although I remember major plot points and character info in general, most of the plot's details were lost to the original's subconsciousness in an accident, and can only be awakened under extreme circumstances that I've not been subjected to.

"Oh, Ms. Prosecutor, could you be asking your original suspect to help in your investigation? We have plenty on our plate trying to prove our innocence in the first place."

Megumin noticed what Sena's intention was and struck first.

Sena bit her lips in annoyance, but she ignored Megumin and looked straight at us.

"... I don't have the time for this, sorry but I have to reject you." Kazuma immediately said this, and I seemed surprised. We weren't in debt, so what could possibly be the reason-

"Listen, Ms. Sena. I don't think it is very nice of you to just show up unannounced at someone's house in the morning and force us to work for something that you have yet to identify if we were the true perpetrators. First of all, we're having a nice morning here, but your appearance has unfortunately ruined our schedule. If we do wish to set out later, that's our choice. Did you get that?"

Huh... Kazuma seemed more assertive in the situation this time. Usually he would be somewhat of a wuss... could this be because of my influence as well as the fact that there's no lie detectors lying around?

"You're right, I can't force this on you since you're not related to this. But if you change your mind, please lend me a hand. I'll be making a trip to the adventurer's guild."

With that, Sena turned around and left. Kazuma shot a glance at me to see if I know anything about the situation, but I didn't either, so he sighed and turned to the others. "You guys really have no idea what's going on, right?"

"For me, if this has nothing to do with explosion magic, I'm not interested."

"Same for me. I should say that unlike these two, I don't cause trouble." Darkness supplied, but Megumin seemed to find something to expose.

"Ah...! It's true that Darkness doesn't cause any major trouble, but on the other hand you lack any stellar performance like in that battle with Destroyer!"

"Wha...! Me-Megumin, you..."

While we left them to their own devices, we turned to Aqua, who looked absolutely innocent this time to the point it felt unreal. Wait, did she not-

"Of course not! Really, you should trust me a little. You should say that thanks to me, monsters won't be approaching that dungeon. Wasn't there a room where the lich was staying? I put some major effort into drawing that magic circle that purified the lich. And that magic circle's still there right now, keeping evil beings out of that room!"