Chapter 18

Third Person's POV:

The wind dome around the boys suddenly vanished, causing them to quickly fix their stances so they wouldn't get blown away by the powerful wind force.

"What happened?" Kirishima asked while activating his quirk.

"The dome vanished!" Izuku replied, trying to find his footing.

"No shit, Sherlock!" Katsuki snapped at him, glancing at the silver-grey haired girl, only to find her lying motionlessly on the ground.

His eyes then widened in horror as he saw Kurogiri forming a purple warp gate in front of the girl and the light-blue haired villain came out from it.

"You look terrible, Kara," mocked Shigaraki.

"Fuck...you, Flakes!" the girl cursed at him weakly as she tried to move her hands but failed to do so.

The villain laughed before grabbing her hair with four fingers and pulled it up harshly, forcing her to look into his eyes. "You said you're neither a hero nor a villain, but now I know what you really mean by that...." His mouth was next to her ear as he whispered, "You're a monster."

...

...

...

BADUMP!

Yui's heart rate began to accelerate as her eyes widened in fear. "N-No...I-I'm n-not a—"

"Yes, you are!" He roughly slammed her face to the ground and pulled her hair up again. "Don't you see how they look at you?! Don't you see the fear in their eyes when they hear your name?! You're a monster, Kara! You know that, too.... You just don't want to admit it out loud."

The girl trembled like a scared puppy. "S-Stop i-it! Y-You're w-wrong!"

"Oh, am I?" he taunted. "Do you know why the pro heroes always keep a close eye on you?"

Yui kept her head down, unable to answer him.

"Well...since I'm being nice, I'll tell you. It's because they're afraid that you'll attack them! The pros act like you're one of them so that you won't kill them in their sleep. And even if they don't fear you, seeing you together with the pros will make people fear them, too. Just imagine.... If they saw you and All Might together...won't they be asking, why is the Number One Hero doing with a cold-blooded killer?"

Shigaraki let her hair go before he stepped on her head, hard. "You and I are the same, Yui. We're both monsters and the world fears us for who we are."

Yui, don't you dare listen to—!

"...you're right."

Seeing how dull and lifeless her eyes were, the villain grinned in victory when all of a sudden—

"GET THE FUCK OFF HER!" a familiar voice yelled, lighting up an explosion right in front of his face. The person then stood protectively in front of the girl with tiny sparks explosions coming out from both his palms.

Shigaraki wasn't fazed by his arrival and just laughed him off before going back into the warp gate and appearing back at his original spot.

After he was sure that the villain wouldn't come near her anymore, Katsuki kneeled beside the fallen girl and gently turned her onto her back.

"Hey villain," Katsuki heard All Might spoke, "have you ever heard of these words?" The Number One Hero pulled back his fist, "Go beyond...PLUS ULTRA!"

And with all his might, he punched the noumu in the stomach so hard, it flew and crashed into the ceiling before vanishing into the sky.

...

...

...

Everyone was flabbergasted. Well, except for the villains and Yui herself.

"I really have gotten weaker...," All Might said while panting heavily. "In my younger days, five hits would've been plenty. But today, it took me more than 300 hits." He then turned to the light-blue haired villain. "Now villain, don't we both want to end this quickly?"

"Weakened...? What a lie...." Shigaraki shook in fury. "We were totally overpowered. How could you do that to my noumu! You cheated...!" His hand twitched slightly as he quietly mumbled, "What's going on? Did he lie to me?"

"What's wrong?" All Might mocked. "You're not coming? You said you'd clear it? Try it, if you can."

The villain repeatedly scratched his neck. "If only the noumu was here...he would be able to attack without thinking—"

"Shigaraki Tomura, calm yourself!" Kurogiri exclaimed with a hint of worry and fear. "Look closely and you can see that the noumu has weakened him." He briefly paused. "Kara is down and the kids are also not going anywhere. And there are still men we can use. Reinforcement will come in a few minutes, but if you and I work together, we still have a good chance of killing him."

"...you're right." Shigaraki slowly lowered his hands. "Let's do this. The last boss is right in front of us."

Katsuki stayed by the girl's side and got ready to fight when he saw the villains that were taken out earlier by Shouta and Yui started to get up again.

Shigaraki, followed by Kurogiri, ran towards All Might. "This one is for the noumu!"

Seeing that his mentor was in danger, Izuku leaped forward and drew his fist back, getting ready to punch the metal brace around Kurogiri's collarbone. 'If I aim for his body, I can blow him away!'

While clenching his fist tightly, the green haired boy yelled, "Get away from All Might!"

Shigaraki saw this and quickly put his hand through the warp gate. His hand appeared in front of the green haired boy as he reached for his head. But before he could touch him, a bullet went straight through his stretched-out hand.

"Sorry I'm late, everybody." Nezu suddenly appeared. Behind him were the teachers and staffs of UA. "I've gathered all who could come."

"I, Tenya Iida, have returned!" Iida announced loudly him.

Katsuki lowered his stance and relaxed a little after seeing the teachers and staffs attacking the villains. As he turned back to Yui, he could help but flinched when he saw how dull and lifeless her eyes were.

"They came...," Shigaraki muttered. "It's game over. Kurogiri, let's leave and come back later—" Before he could finish, Snipe shot him again in multiple areas of his body.

Kurogiri quickly used his quirk to warp them and vanished without a trace.