Chapter 21

Third Person's POV:

Seven years ago....

It was a lovely night in Musutafu City. The night sky was filled with thousands of glittering stars and the full moon was shining brightly above its skyline. Even though it was midnight, the city was still lively with colorful blinding lights that could even be seen from outer space.

The streets were bustling with people. You could hear the laughter of children running around their parents and the happy chattering of office workers that were heading home.

Everybody was busy with their own lives...and nobody knew that at that moment, something unexpected was happening in an abandoned building on the outskirts of the city.

A metallic smell filled the air as every inch of the concrete floor was covered in splashes of blood. Dead bodies were scattered everywhere and were piled on top of one another.

On the rooftop of that very building, the rhythmic sound of footsteps was heard as a figure walked slowly towards a group of big-bodied mafias, who were surrounding a trembling fat man in his late thirties.

The man cowered in fear. "G-Get away from m-me, l-little g-girl!"

"Little girl?!" the girl repeated with a hint of annoyance. "This little girl just slaughtered nearly all of your fucking underlings!"

But calling her a little girl wasn't all wrong as she was no younger than a nine year old child, with long brown to silver-grey ombre hair that was fluttering in the cool breeze and electric-blue eyes that were glowing brightly, reflecting the moonlight.

The girl stopped just a few steps away from the men. Droplets of blood were dripping from the dagger she was holding. She gave them a sinister smile before wiping the blood off her cheek.

While pointing her dagger carelessly at the mafias, she said, "I'll promise to give you guys a painless death if you move away from that pig right now."

However, the big-bodied men didn't move an inch, causing her to heavily sigh.

Getting annoyed, she turned towards the trembling man and pointed her dagger at his direction. "Don't you have any shame? Cowardly hiding behind your bodyguards after what you did to her? But since I still have a heart, unlike you, I will give you two choices: the hard way or the fun way. Pick you poison."

The man ignored her and began to run away. "Don't let her come near me!"

The bodyguards moved swiftly and in a matter of seconds, they surrounded the girl. Yet, their actions didn't faze her. Then again, she did predict that this would eventually happened.

Still, she rolled her eyes before grinning widely. "The fun way it is!"

•••

The girl walked slowly towards the frighten fat bastard. After watching his bodyguards getting slaughtered one by one, he was so scared that he fell on his butt. "I-I'm s-sorry! P-Please forgive m-me! I-I know I was w-wrong! P-Please...! D-Don't k-kill me! I-I don't w-want to d-die...! I-I'm s-sorry!"

...

...

...

"Sorry...?" the girl whispered.

In a blink of an eye, she dropped her dagger and grabbed the man's collar before punching him in the face real hard. "YOU'RE SAYING YOU'RE SORRY?! YOU MURDERED MY MOTHER, YOU FUCKING BASTARD! MY MOTHER!" She didn't stop punching him. "SHE WAS INNOCENT! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG AND SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! NOTHING! SHE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE!"