Chapter 14 (The One Month Task)

Chapter Fourteen: The One Month Task

"What do you mean?" Celine asked me.

"I have a job at the Café, remember?" I replied shyly.

"Oh yeah," She sighed as she glanced at the girls with a worried look. "I forgot to mention that she works at Chase's Café."

"Wait, is that your little agenda to work your way into his pants?" Rachel, a girl I recognized from Bio class gushed.

I looked at her in disbelief. Is she serious?

"So smart by the way! I mean, I totes get it! That guy is god. Just looking at him makes me-"

"-no, Rachel." Celine cut her off, rolling her eyes. "Her father is sick and she needs the money to pay for his hospital bills."

"Oh," Rachel blushed.

"Yeah because unlike you, some people out there are dealing with real life problems. Although I can't blame you since the only thing you care about is how much guys you're sleeping with in a week." Celine snapped.

"Excuse me?" Rachel gasped. I noticed the tip of her ears turned pink in embarrassment.

"You heard me," Celine countered menacingly.

"You little bitch-"

"-Guys cut it out!" Allison hissed at the both of them before things had gotten completely south. "We're supposed to work things out together here. Now, Miles is it true though? What Celine said?"

"Yes it's true," I replied with my head down.

She took a long pause before asking "How much does the Café pays you?"

I hesitated for a moment. This is quite embarrassing, there's no doubt that these girls around me were from real wealthy families.

"Uh, fifteen dollars per shift. I start from four at the afternoon to nine at night."

A girl from the back suddenly bursted out laughing. Allison turned to face her. "What's so funny?" She asked in sarcasm.

"Oh sorry, I just expected it would be a thousand bucks since she looked a bit hesitant to spill it for a second." The girl giggled. All the girls laughed because of that while Allison just rolled her eyes.

"How about we multiply that by three and we'll take care of your father's hospital bills?" Allison said in full voice and the room suddenly went quiet. "How does that sound?"

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I gasped. "You guys are taking this thing way waaaay too far I'm hardly believing this."

"Miles she's serious," Celine said. "And so are these girls."

I gave her an odd look before glancing at the girls who had nodded their heads in agreement. Alright then.

"So is it a deal?" Allison asked. All eyes shifted on me as if I was the center entertainment of a theater play and they were waiting for me to say my next line as the spotlight shot daggers towards my face.

I felt my colors drained. This has to be the sickest task ever made in the history of America. But then again, who's in desperate of money now? Me.