Chapter One: The Notorious Player

The Nerd's One Month Task © 2016 All Rights Reserved.

××××××

Chapter One: The Notorious Player

   "Ugh, I hate Mondays." I hear someone groan as I walk pass the entrance of Jefferson High school. The school I've been stuck with since I was only in preschool.

"Don't we all though?" I mumbled to myself as I squeezed though a mass of students scattered in the hallways. I just can't wait for graduation eight months from now. Until then I'll be in Dartmouth sipping expensive lattes; talking with interesting colleagues that has way better interest than gossiping about petty issues like who-broke up with-who or who-got wasted at-who's-party.  Ugh, I'm just so done with all these crap already.

I felt my Nokia phone vibrate from the back pocket of my jeans. Yes. You heard it right- it's Nokia. Behind all that Dartmouth and expensive latte, I'm absolutely broke with the capital B.

"SEE ME AT LUNCH. -C"  They text says.

I'm about to type out a response when suddenly my eversotough Nokia flew out of my hands and landed on the blue tiled floor with a loud clattering sound.

"What are you? A post standing in the middle of the goddamned hallway?!" A blonde girl seethed. Hailey, I think her name is.

"I'm sorry I-"

"-save it! You're not worth the energy to be arguing at anyways." She snapped as she push past me.

WHAT. A. BITCH.

The urge to claw out her caked face was unreal. I literally had to bite my lip to contain myself from slashing out on her. See? This stuffs happen in high school and I cannot freaking wait to just graduate and wish all these motherchuckers a good effing life. She did not even bother to help reassemble back my phone or asked if it was broken or not. Well it's Nokia anyways, of course it won't budge.

I found my way to my English lit class and had fifteen minutes to spare before class starts. The room was already packed and I reckon a new gossip had just sparked because I see group of girls in circles talking in hushed voices. Nothing new here actually, these are counted as a natural thing.

I made a beeline towards my seat at the very back of the room near an open window. This has been my "habitat" through the past years. It's where I could just go on twilight zone and forget about the world. Kidding, I listen in class. Straight A student and a running scholar for Dartmouth university.

"Have you heard? Justin broke up with the blonde bimbo already," I hear someone say.

"Her name's Hailey, right?" Another one says. "I saw it coming anyways. I mean, she was clingy as hell!"

Wait, Hailey as in Hailey the girl who bumped into me like a minute ago? That explains her bitchiness I guess.

"And Justin dumped her in front of everyone

I groaned lazily as I squeezed myself through the crowd.

It's just the same old same day, going to school as usual. I'm now in my Senior year and I am more than stressed alas the pressure to get straight A's for me to get a free scholarship for college. I'm thinking about Dartmouth but so far, that's too good to be true.