Chapter Five: Awkward Silences and Hospital Trips

Chapter Five: Awkward Silences and   Misconceptions

   The day after Celine confessed to me about her 'relationship' with Justin, everyone in school already knew. It was earlier in that Wednesday morning when the news spread like wildfire after a said "little birdie" caught the both of them lip locking during first period. I don't even wanna think about the image of them sucking each other's face.

Erase. Vacuum.

Since then, in between classes, girls would gossip about Celine being a nasty hoe and a slut and a whore and a harlot- and just everything you could think about. And as much as I hate to admit it, I think they're just jealous.

What do they see in him anyway? Yeah I get it- he's attractive and all but all bullshit aside, he's a jerk. He's a conceited son of a female dog who thinks that he could just whore around people, leave them, then just get away with it as if it's no biggie. Who would want to date someone like that? Them of course! Mic drop.

I literally jumped ten feet high when the bell for dismissal rang. I was too caught up with my thoughts that I failed to recognize the time. I looked down my notebook and found that I haven't written anything down whereas the whiteboard in front of me was already filled with words and numbers that I should've been writing down the past hour. I mentally cursed. Gah, I was that distracted huh.

Without ado, I shoved the empty-written notebook vigorously inside my backpack and left the room before hearing another gossip about Justin and his newest prey- which happens to be my best friend.

I reached the cafeteria with a scowl on my face. I've been constantly hearing bad things about my best friend the whole morning from these delusional girls and there wasn't anything else that could lighten up my mood except from the thought of the cafeteria serving custard flavored pie.

I went up in line with a clean tray in my hands. As the line moved; three girls that I recognized from the Christian Group our school's chapel fabricated, went up in line next to me. I sighed and mentally prayed dear Lord dear God that they weren't the type of girls that would also gossip about Justin and Celi-

"-Girls, do you know what's been bugging me the whole morning?" One of the three girls that was a golden blonde exasperated dramatically.

"What Marianne?" asked the other one.

"Justin and that SLUT!" She exclaimed, pointing at the sight of Justin and Celine who just entered the cafeteria. "Ughhhh I'm so upset!" She cried.

I looked at her in disbelief. I wasn't expecting someone from the religious group that our school organized would say such a word. She wasn't serious right?

"There there, Marianne." The other girl said, looking apologetic while comforting her in the back. "That whore would burn in hell for her indecency, alright?"

I gulped, astonished by the three girls standing next to me that I once thought were saints.

"Yeah, I know. God has a plan for her." the girl named Michelle said, a cheshire grin appearing on her face. 

All of the sudden, she caught me eavesdropping; causing her million watts smile drop in abyss and into a frown along with her friends that started shooting me icy glares. I shuddered.