That Familiar Laugh

I took the keys off the table in the hallway and got into Jade's car. I sighed as I leant my head against the steering wheel before driving off. This wasn't going to be easy. I revved the engine before zooming towards Poison Ivy's lair. As I swerved through Gotham traffic, a police car began chasing me down. With a little laugh, I pressed my foot down on the accelerator, speeding off. The car followed me, speakers calling out "Harley Quinn pull over now, you belong in Arkham". With a smile I threw a grenade at the car as it drove next to me. "Like my ring?" I chirped as I showed them the metal ring from the bomb as I drove off.

A loud explosion rang out behind me as the car flipped and landed upside down in flames. I threw my head back in a maniacal laugh as I continued to swerve between cars. Finally I arrived outside the familiar small cabin. I pulled the pistol from my holster and shot one bullet at a nearby tree trunk. My gun clicked over to the shining word 'hate'. The cabin door frantically swung open as two green outstretched hands began controlling the plants around her. She immediately stopped once she saw me. "Harley?" she asked as her hands clenched into fists either side of her waist.

"Hiya Red" I said with a shy smile. "What are you doing here?" she quietly questioned me as she nudged the door open for me. "I need ya help" I responded as I began climbing down the hatch leading to her lair. Once we both had entered the main room she gestured for me to sit on the couch. As I sat down she paced back and forth with her hands resting on her waist. She wore a dark green body suit, accompanied with knee high boots and ivy wines wrapped around her thighs and arms. Her bright red hair flowed down to her back in delicate waves. Her green eyes met mine briefly before she began pacing again.

"Red, stop it" I exclaimed as she shook her head. I quickly stood up and gripped her shoulders, holding her in front of me. I looked up at her emerald green complexion. Her eyes travelled down to meet my icy blue ones. "Harley" she breathed out as we held eye contact. "It's urgent, Ives" I responded as I loosened my grip on her. "It must be for you to visit me" she replied, grimly as she sat down on the couch. "My friend's been poisoned with a Joker playing card" I quickly explained as Ivy began to think. "Who is this friend?" Ivy asked with a wary tone. "She's a guard at Arkham" I responded. "She broke you out?" Red questioned with her brows knitted.

"Yes, now please tell me you can cure her" I hurried her along as she crossed her arms. "Who is this girl?" She asked as I grabbed her arm and pulled her up. "Do your science and I'll explain" I said as I pushed her towards her lab. We entered the sterile space, filled with test tubes containing soil, plant matter and toxins. Ivy picked at different plants, placing it in a bowl. "Joker uses similar based poisons, usually for the suffering of his target. He must really hate her to use a poison as rare as his" she muttered as she began mixing and heating up the matter before filling a syringe with the fluorescent green liquid.

"I have to administer it" she said as she glanced over at me. "Why?" I questioned as I picked up the syringe, almost stabbing myself in the process. "Because of that and also because if it doesn't work, I will have to use my own toxins to revive her" she responded as she packed the needle into a small box, filled with ice. "Let's go" she ordered as she began to walk out of the lair and towards Jade's car. We climbed in and drove off. As we sped along the streets of Gotham, we passed the wreckage I may have caused a tiny little bit of. Ivy gasped as she watched a tow truck attempt to flip the car upright. "Did you do that?" She asked me as she turned towards me.

I nodded as I turned the music up. "I've only ever heard you doing things that bad when you were with The Joker" she muttered as she watched the scene behind us. "Are you ok, Harls?" She said as she watched my expression darken. "I'm fine, I just want to save Jade" I replied with a stern tone as we continued to drive. We finally arrived outside her apartment as I raced out of the car and into the bedroom I had left Jade in. Poison Ivy quickly followed as we entered the room.
"H-Harley" she stuttered as her paled face turned towards me. "Jade, it's gonna be ok, Ives found a cure" I chirped as I cupped her cheek.

Ivy stepped forward and unravelled the tight bandage, revealing the greenish wound. She took a deep breath before injecting the needle into the centre of the cut. Jade shivered as the veins in her arm shone a bright green. It began to spread through the rest of her veins, spreading up her neck as she threw her head back in pain. She let out a loud, violent laugh, leaving her shaking from it. Ivy stepped back, watching as her veins shone brighter. "What's happening" I asked as Jade gripped my hand with all her strength. Her laugh rang loudly, drumming into my ears. "She sounds like him" Ivy said in shock as Jade's laugh began to die down.

I shook my head, "no, Ivy, don't" I responded as I held her gaze. With a tight smile she turned back to Jade and rewrapped the wound. She placed a small kiss on the bandage, her toxins sinking in, allowing the skin to regrow and heal. "Why does she sound like him" she questioned after a long silence. "They are siblings" I sigh as I watch an expression of horror flit across Ivy's face. "You're not safe here" she said as she went to reach for my hand. "I'm safer than I ever was with you, remember?" I said as sadness filled Ivy's dark green eyes. "She should wake up within the hour" was all she said as she walked out of the apartment, leaving me with Jade.