Why So Serious?

Jade's POV

I gently cradled Harley's head as she continued to sob. She was whispering about The Joker approaching and coming to kill her. "Come on Ivy, answer the fucking phone" I yelled as the dial tone rang for the forth time. Finally a surprised sounding Ivy answered and said "Harley?" "It's not Harley" I replied as I continued on. "Harley's in danger. Scarecrow used his fear gas on her. You need to find a cure, Ivy, she's not looking well" I quickly said as I waited for Ivy's solution. After a pause she calmly stated "you already have the cure". "What are you talking about" I harshly interjected, I didn't have time for her games. "You, Jade, you're the cure" she sighed.

"How am I the cure" I asked in confusion. "When I gave you my toxins, I gave you my healing abilities, I knew you would need it. Harley always gets into trouble and she shouldn't have to rely on me anymore. I'm not good enough for her. But you are. You're always going to be there for her, you can always cure her" she responded with a sad tone. "Pamela-" I began before she cut me off. "She doesn't need me anymore. That's how it should be. I hurt her and I betrayed her and I will never forgive myself for that. You're better for Harley. You're everything she loved about The Joker, just without all the horrible parts of him" she said, waiting for my reply.

"How do I save her?" I asked. "You have to kiss her. The only way to use my healing toxins is through the secretion of your lips" she answered. "N-No I can't do that" I quickly said in shock. "Jade, she likes you, you like her, it's the only way to save her" she replied before quickly hanging up. I looked down at Harley who was shaking in fear. "Please no, Mista J, ya can't hurt her" she cried out.

Harley's POV

Mista J stood over a wounded Jade. She knelt before him with a bloodied face and slashes all over her body. "I don't care if you kill me, just stay away from Harley" she said with a clenched jaw. Mista J burst into a fit of laughter before squatting to reach eye level with her. He pulled out a blade and pushed it against her mouth. "You really love that whore?" He asked with a little laugh. "Don't ever call her that again" she replied, her eyes darkening in anger. "Our father fell in love with a whore. We called her mother" he growled.

"Our father... was a drinker and a fiend" he finally stated. "So what, you hate our parents?" Jade asked in a mocking tone. "You want to know how I got these scars?" He grumbled, his eyes shifting to mine. "I'm not playing your games, Jack. Our parents did all they could to protect you" she said, her voice breaking in pain. The Joker's smile widened as he laughed even harder. He then looked back at Jade's dark expression. "Why so serious?" He asked before swiftly killing her with the blade. "No, Jade, please no" I cried out as I quickly ran towards her body.

I cradled her head as I watched the light disappear from her eyes. Mista J clutched his stomach as he laughed harder than I had ever heard. "Harley girl, you can do so much better" he growled before he vanished. I looked down at Jade's body. This was my biggest fear, losing someone I cared about.

Jade's POV

Harley began to whisper my name between sobs. Her eyes filled with fear. I couldn't stand to see her like this. I gently knelt down next to the bed and tilted her head towards me, placing a soft kiss on her lips. Her eyes fluttered in realisation as the fear disappeared from her face. She looked up at me in shock before holding the back of my neck and pulling me in for another kiss. This kiss was nowhere near as gentle as the one I gave her. In fact this one was filled with passion and emotion.

As quickly as the kiss started, she pulled back. "I-I'm sorry, just making sure all the fear gas is outta my system ya know" she said as she carefully sat up. I felt a blush form on my cheeks as I nodded in understanding. I knew she would never feel the same way as I do but that kiss felt amazing. "How are you feeling?" I finally asked as I looked over at her icy blue eyes. "Much better" she replied with a smile. "Did you see him?" I shyly asked as I thought about all the things Harley was saying. "Y-Yeah, Jade he was hurtin' ya" she responded, the fear returning to her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Harls, it's going to be ok, we are both safe" I eventually replied as I wrapped an arm around her in a friendly embrace. "For once I finally believe ya" she replied with a smile. "Well... well... well..." said a soothing voice. I quickly turned around seeing the bedroom window open with Selina Kyle standing in front of it. "Batman told me about your little girl's night. Where was my invite?" She purred as she stepped towards us.

Harley quickly stood up, "Kitty Cat" she squealed before throwing her arms around Catwoman. She hissed and pushed Harley off her. "If it isn't my arrogant Arkham guard" she said as she turned to me. "The one and only" I replied with a smirk. "Apparently you're more than just that" she said as she picked at her nails. "And what's that?" I angrily replied as I crossed my arms. "You're the Joker's sister" she purred in response.