Chapter 16

Naruto was exhausted.

It had been a week since Shikaku and Shikamaru found out about the baby and three days since the entire Nara clan found out about the baby.

So for three days, straight Naruto has been receiving baby clothes, pacifiers, bottles, a breast pump, a very expensive-looking crib, and a whole lot more.

Naruto was less than a week away from his second month and everyone around him was already acting like he was a fragile little Omega who couldn't do anything for himself.

Sasuke tried it, but it did not work out well for him because Naruto banished him to the couch while Konohamaru slept peacefully in Naruto's arms.

So he tried it once and stopped the next day.

The day after making up Sasuke went on a mission and left Naruto at home.

The Alpha was not happy about it but according to the council if you are an Omega and you are pregnant you aren't allowed to do anything.

Naruto was not happy about it. He was even less happy about the fact that since Sasuke left every single village man, woman, and child came to his door and gave him everything they thought he needed.

It had gotten to the point where he pretended to take a nap every time they came by.

The woman would coo over him every time they saw his sleeping form.

So it worked every time.

So when Mebuki Haruno came knocking on his door before he even knew she was in the area he groaned in agony.

He opened the door and greeted her with a smile.

She didn't show him the same courtesy and just walked in without taking her shoes off.

She walked into the living room and sat down.

Naruto just sighed closed the door and sat down on the couch opposite of her.

It was quiet for a while before she, with the most audacious look on her face, said, "I would appreciate it if you got rid of the growing abomination that's currently living within your womb and tell Sasuke that you are not meant for each other and break your bond."

Naruto's back straightened at that.

He glared at the blonde-haired woman sitting in front of him, "I'm sorry. What? Last time I checked you had no say in my life. So please rephrase so that I can understand why you are spouting bullshit," he asked.

"Naruto. As a fellow Omega, I know for a fact that Sasuke Uchiha is not who you need. He is way out of your league. His name and status far outweigh yours and it is unfair to those who have been trying to get the Uchiha Alpha to look their way," She said.

Naruto's jaw almost dropped at the way Mebuki dared to phrase her sentence.

"Excuse me?" the blonde Uzumaki asked.

"You and Sasuke are not a good match. Your social status will only drag his through the mud," Mebuki said.

Naruto sat still in his chair for a few seconds before he slowly got up and walked over to the bookshelf before he took two books off the shelf.

He gave the first book to Mebuki before opening the second one. Looking in the glossary for the correct pages.

"Open that one on page one hundred and seven and look at the third word on the left column from below," Naruto said.

Mebuki did so. It was done begrudgingly but she still did it.

She gasped in shock before she closed the book. She was scandalized.