Chapter 18

Sasuke had spent the past couple of weeks setting up everything.

He had hired caterers, sat out some nice tables, and decorated the pond and its surroundings with little flags and banners. He made sure he had everything. Ranging from pigs in a blanket to all the different cheeses Naruto loved.

It was a baby shower to die for and Sasuke had it all planned out.

Naruto didn't know about the party and Sasuke had been working hard to keep everything hush-hush.

Which meant that he hadn't told Konohamaru up until the last second. The kid couldn't keep secrets even if his life depended on it.

"Just keep your eyes closed," He said as he led Naruto past the large trees and the many flowers down the lit-up dirt path to the lake

"What are you doing?" Naruto asked as a few giggles escaped him. He held his hand out in front of him wanting to make sure Sasuke didn't lead him into a wall.

"You'll see," Sasuks said as he started walking slower down the dirt path.

They were approaching the lake.

Sasuke came to a standstill and slowly removed his hands from Naruto's closed eyes and rested them on the blonde's shoulders.

"Okay, open," Sasuke said.

Naruto opened his eyes and blinked a few times to get used to the light now flooding his eyes.

As soon as he got them focused he looked at everyone who was currently standing in his backyard.

"Surprise!"

"What is this?" Naruto asked as he looked at Sasuke in question.

"It is your baby shower. I wanted to keep it a surprise for you so I didn't even tell Maru," Sasuke said.

Naruto just snorted before he closed his eyes and leaned into Sasuke. Snuggling the raven and kissing his cheek.

"Oh, Naruto sweetie. Three whole months," Yoshino said as she hugged him before pulling away and resting her hands on the small baby bump that was slowly forming.

"I know," Naruto said with a smile as he rested his hands right above Yoshino's.

"How has the baby been treating you? Is your morning sickness good or bad? Have any cravings lately? Any mood swings?" Yoshino asked.

"Not really. We were worried because we didn't know if it was normal but then Kurama told me that my mom went through the same thing and his other hosts too," Naruto said.

"If you have any concerns you can come see us or talk to Kurama. It helps to have other opinions," Yoshino said.

"I will don't-worry and I fully plan on using granny baby privileges," Naruto said with a smirk.

"Oh, I won't mind. As long as I can have the baby all for myself every once in a while," Yoshino said before she took Naruto's cheeks in her hands and kissed his forehead.

Yoshino walked away after that and smiled before she got some speed and ran off to go pester Shikaku into helping her pick out a few things for Naruto's baby room and obviously their future grandchild's toy room which she knows he will have seeing as they are going to spoil the baby rotten.

Shikamaru was lounging by the pond while watching the clouds and occasionally glancing at the Koi fish that swam in the pond.

He spotted Naruto being led to the snack table by the Uchiha and decided that instead of just being lazy he was going to go poke fun at his future brother-in-law.