Chapter 4

Gus POV

I text Luz if she could come over. I told her that I was confused about something. She was okay with coming over so that's what she did.

Once she got to my house she sat on my bedroom floor. I plopped my self down on my bed and kinda.. screamed into the pillow. "Gus, what's wrong?" She asks. "I don't know Luz. There's this one person that makes me feel weird. Whenever I'm around them my face turns red and I don't know what to do. I'm happy to be around that person it's just that I get nervous."

Her face lit up. She happily squealed and said, "Gus I think your in love!!" My face turned red as a tomato. Mattholomule? Love? Never. Right? He's my best friend. Has been for a year now. I wouldn't want to loose that. "Who is the person??" She asks, sounding pretty excited. I hesitate. She's never really liked Mattholomule. "Mattholomule..." I mumble.

"What did you say?" She asks, holding her hand up to her ear. "Mattholomule!" I say, quickly while looking down and blushing. Luz pauses and just looks at me. I feel like I did something wrong. "Mattholomule? But why?" "I don't know! I didn't even know I liked him till you came over!"

"Hey Gustopher! It's fine. Maybe you could ask him to Grom! We could go get something." I was happy she wasn't mad. "That would be nice." I smiled.

I opened the door going to leave my house, and we go to the night market. I want to pick out something perfect. "What would he like?" I mutter to myself as we walk around the market. "I don't know. What do jerks like?" "Luz!"

But then, I find some nice flowers. "He'll like these, I just know it." I say, feeling proud that I found something after ten minutes of looking around. "Anything can be special if it comes from someone special." She says. " You ready to ask him." "Well , not right now."

Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow.