Chapter 5

Matt POV

Ughh.. the half of the illusion sleeves I ripped of (and taped together) came apart again. Mom and dad still won't buy me new sleeves after I ripped them about a year ago. I went ahead and taped them again. I couldn't find the tape that makes them look one piece, so now they looked even more ripped than before.

I put in my contacts and head out the door for school. I didn't want Gus to see me this way, but whatever. I arrive at school and start heading for my first class, illusions. Then suddenly, Celine stops me.

"I don't even want to do this okay." She says. I feel confused. "My parents got me in trouble for breaking up with you. We have to get back together." Not this again! She gave me a rose. "My parents said to give you this. Don't think that I like you. I despise you." I'm kind of ignoring her words though, because I feel someone's eyes on me.

I turn around and see Gus. He had flowers in his hand, and glanced back and fourth at the rose then at me. He looks really upset. "Gus!" I yell, as he starts to sprint away. I run after him as fast as I can, but he's too fast. 

I feel horrible. Did he have those flowers because- no. That's impossible. He doesn't like me, right? Out of breath, I walk towards the direction Gus was running. After a few minutes of walking around Hexide, I'm about to give up, when I see him. He's sitting on a bench, with both of his hands on his face.

I walk towards him as his head pops up and gets a look at me. He immediately jumps up to run again. "Gus.!" He turns around. "Listen, I don't know what you're thinking right now, but our parents make us be together, go to Grom together every year, and all that junk. She gave me that rose because her parents made her. She hates me." "..Wait, really?" His eyes are wide. He's also still holding those flowers that he had earlier.

He hesitates but holds up the flowers towards me. "Take these. There's a note inside." He quickly walks away before I could answer. I open the note that's inside of the flower bouquet. This is what the note said:

"Will you go to Grom with me?"

-Gus

I can't believe it. Him asking me to Grom? I get out my scroll and text him.

Yes.