Chapter 15

Gus POV:

I woke up to see Matty next to me. I got out of bed slowly to not wake him up. I got into my Hexide uniform because it was Monday (ugh). I was combing my hair when he woke up. 

"Gus?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "Oh hey Matty." I turned back at him. "Am I just going to stay at your house another day while you go to school?" He asked. "Maybe instead of staying home you could actually go to school?" I told him. "We've got your Hexide uniform in your backpack you brought."

"But what about Selena?" "Ooof, you're right. But I won't make you talk to her, no one will." "Alright." He got out of bed and grabbed his Hexide uniform.

A few minutes later; "Mat, you there?" "Yeah." He walked out of bathroom in his Hexide uniform. "Hey, what happened to those sleeves?" I asked and chuckled. "My parents won't buy my a new uniform, bummer." "I asked what happened, silly."

"Oh right. I ripped them up that day, when you made the big illusion thingy." "Why haven't I seen them ripped before? That was a long time ago." "I got tape that made it looked like it wasn't. I saved up a lot for it, and I recently ran out." "Alright, enough chatter, let's get to school."

While we were walking to school, I grabbed his hand. He looked flustered, but happy. I don't know if that makes sense. I saw the school in the distance, with Luz in front of it. "Luz!" I called out for her.

Luz looked up at me from constantly kissing Amity on the cheek. "Hey Gustopher!" She shot finger guns at me. I shot them back at her. She noticed me and Mat holding hands. "What did I miss?" She asked.

"He's my boyfriend now." I tell her. "Oh yeah, totally didn't expect that." She rolled her eyes and Amity elbowed her. "Sorry sweet potato." Luz immediately said and kissed her on the cheek. Amity seemed to forgive her after that.

After 3rd period, I heard Selena and Matty talking. I couldn't help but listen in.

"Why did you do that? I was in so much trouble with my mom, I- I- I actually don't know what she did, but still!" "I had to! My mom made me. You think I wasn't in trouble too? My mom was so mad at me for not going with you and going with Bo instead. She saw me and Bo walking together!" "I don't even want to go home right now! Even though I love most of my family- wait, just Steve- anyways, I don't have time for this." 

He turned around and left Selena standing there. When he saw me he grabbed my hand and marched out of there. "What was that all about?" I asked. "She was the one who told on me remember?" "Ohh, okay. But is it really her fault?" 

"I don't know, and like I said, we don't have time for this, now come on." He started walking even  faster dragging me even more. I never knew he could drag me (I'm taller than him). Anyways, this stuff about Selena is complicated, or is it and I'm just really dumb?

I guess we'll never know.