Chapter 8 (AKA Grom scene!!)

Gus POV

I brushed off my outfit for Grom and headed downstairs. I was really excited. Me, Willow, Luz, and Amity were walking to Grom together. Before I could open the door, someone knocked. "Coming!" I yelled, running towards the door. That's what I always do when someone knocks on our door.

As I opened the door, I saw Luz. "Hey Gustopher!" She said, pointing finger guns at me. I smiled. As we were walking to Willow's house, Amity came running towards us. "Hey, uhm , I just saw you guys walking and I was like-" "Sweet Potato!" Luz practically jumped on her and kissed her cheek. Amity turned her shade of pink and they both laughed. "Cmon, we gotta go get Willow."

Willow was probably the most chill here out of the four of us. We got to the school, and as we got into the gym, it was pretty crazy. Willow went to talk to Hunter and Luz and Amity were dancing away. But hadn't spotted him yet.

I went to the table of snacks and waited for him. I chomped down on some chips when I saw him walk through the gym door. I was about to ran over to him, really happy. Once I was like, 10 feet away from him, he finally noticed me, looked and me and blushed slightly, and tripped and (almost) fell. As I caught him, we both kinda stared at each other, until Matt finally broke the silence between us. "Hey, Gus." He said, and laughed nervously. But the I thought of something. I grabbed his hand ran to the other side of the gym where a door that led outside was .

When we got out there, there was small, pavement, 7 feet wide steps to walk down, and in front was a garden. It was about 7 o'clock, so the night sky was dark. I sat down and he sat down next to my. Matt put his elbow on his knee and hand on his cheek. "You know, it was super fun to have you here." I say. "I agree." Then he gave me a small kiss on the cheek. I put my hand on my cheek softly as his face turns bright red, and his eyes are so bright you can see past his contacts.

He popped up and opened the door behind us to go inside.