Chapter 13 (date night is next chapter)

Gus POV

Okay, I want this to be perfect. I arranged for me and Matt to go on a date. A first date!! Well, does Grom count? Anyways, I have to make this perfect.

Maybe I can buy a new outfit? Buy a new outfit for him? Ughhh, this is so hard. Trapped in my own thoughts, I wake up. Matty is already awake, reading a book besides my bed. He glances at me, then a soft smile appears on his face. He glances back at his book and says "I see you're awake."

"Yeah. Are we still doing that date night we talked about?" "Heck yeah. I just wanted to ask if wearing my Grom outfit is okay." "Of course Matty." Again, he blushed at the nickname, like he does every time. "Cool." He picked up the outfit and headed for my bathroom.

I then looked through my drawers for something to wear. Would wearing my Grom outfit be okay too? No, I wanted this to be very perfect. At that moment, I found a black suit that I could wear. "There we go-" I paused my thought as Mattholomule came out. He looked super good, I hadn't really acknowledged that at Grom.

"Your turn, Augustus." He said.

"Uhm, okay." I got up.

A FEW MINUTES LATER

I came out of the bathroom, and Matt just stood there, staring at me. "Wow." He blushed, and I laughed. He jumped up and hugged me. I could tell we were both ready to go.

"Do you want to go now? 4pm??" I asked. "Nahh, let's go in a few hours. You know to get the night effect." "Sure, of course."

"Movie!" He yelled. "Jeez, okay okay." I replied. "Barbie mermaid life!!" Oh no. Not for the millionth time. "Noooo... not again." I groaned. "Hey! I want to watch it, have a problem?" "I guess not."

We went into the tiny area with a couch in my house and got blankets and pillows. "Okay, I'll get the apple blood, and you'll get the snacks." He said. "Yeah, that works."

We were watching the movie, and it was dark besides for the tv. I was exhausted, but Mattholomule had his eyes wide open towards the screen. It was actually pretty creepy to be honest. "Hey, you still awake?" I don't know what I was thinking, maybe he sleeps with his eyes open?

He didn't take his eyes of the screen until I nudged him. "Nfidbdkdhdkbd(gibberish) hey!" He said glancing at me, then immediately back at the tv. "It's already 5pm, do you want to head to the date?" School had been rough that day, I still wanted the date with him, but I wanted to sleep too.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." He turned off the tv, got up and stretched. "We'll finish it tomorrow. I want sleep after the date."I said and yawned. "Course you do."