𝟏𝟑- 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗸 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘀

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐒 never felt more tempted to bash Theo Nott's face in.

In fact, the impulse to do so only grew stronger when he noticed Theo's gaze trailing Serena Wood's every move as they left the Potions classroom that day, tracing the shape of her body and the alluring sway of her hips with undulating, sharp eyes.

"You make me sick." Draco informed him as they made their way to the Slytherin common room, Theo smugly strolling beside him with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. Zabini accompanied them, striding on Draco's other side and yawning with fatigue from the long, drawn out day of classes they just finished up with.

"Why would you say such a thing, Malfoy?" Theo chimed with such a casual tone, making Draco feel even more inclined to crucio him.

"Because he's upset that you're trying to bed the girl he claims to loathe with his entire soul." Zabini said with a snort.

"Hey, hey hey," Theo raised his hands up in feigned defense, "I'm just trying to get to know her. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm trying to bed her."

"You're such a bad liar mate," Zabini sung, "Who wouldn't want to bed Serena Wood? I mean hell, I'd probably jump at the opportunity too if I had the chance, despite her being a filthy Gryffindor and all—"

"Enough," Draco snapped with enough ferocity that shut both Theo and Blaise up. He quickened his pace towards the common room, feeling every muscle in his body shake with some sort of unusual anger he felt deep inside over this discussion. "Give up on the idea now, Nott, because it's never going to happen. If you get with a Gryffindor, you ruin our centuries-long rivalry with them... a rivalry I'm not going to let you break in a million years."

There should be absolutely no earthly reason, cause, or justification for a Gryffindor and Slytherin to date. Absolutely no reason at all! Theo and Serena are supposed to be rivals... between the two of them, the jumper lending, the tutor offerings, and the close encounters should've never been a thing to begin with.

Serena Wood and Theodore Nott are off limits to each other. That's how it should be and that's how it needs to be.

"Doesn't all this house rivalry bullshit get old to you?" Theo questioned, his voice dripping with disappointment.

Draco swore he instantly saw red after hearing Theo say that.

"I don't understand where this is coming from. We are Slytherins, and Slytherins aren't meant to harbour any feelings whatsoever for Gryffindors besides complete and utter contempt... I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this until it finally gets lodged in your dense skull— but Wood is off limits. Blaise and I are not going to let you ruin the infamous house rivalry over some nonsensical girl, Nott."

Blaise shrugged, "Don't bring me into this. I don't really give a fuck."

Theo rolled his eyes and sighed with irritation. "You can't force me to stay away from someone just because they're not a Slytherin, Malfoy."

Draco chuckled, a humourless, deep, angry sound, "I can and I will, Nott. I'm not going to let you get defiled at the hands of a bloody Gryffindor like Wood. She's insufferable. Practically just as bad as Potter. I don't even understand your obsession with her."

"Serena can defile me any day, anyway she'd like. Please, have you seen her, mate?"

Draco wanted more than anything to ram his skull in. "All she looks like to me is a filthy Gryffindor with a bland personality akin to an unbuttered piece of bread. There is nothing special about her. Get her out of your mind."