15 - warm embrace

Crystal Hayslett

"What do you mean? How'd you know?" I asked, if he knew why didn't he let me know that he knew.

"I knew the whole time, the moment I saw her. First off she has my entire face. Then her name Dailani, she has my initials. and lastly shes 5 years old, and 5 years ago we had sex."

I nodded taking it everything he said, "Why didn't you say anything?" He shrugged. "I wanted you to tell me."

"Why didn't you tell me from the beginning Crys?" I looked down and began to shake again.

"W..well I tried to but when I got to your house your girlfriend was there and then when I was going to tell you through tell you snapped."

"It was never the right time." I looked back up in his eyes, "I apologize for not giving you that fair shot at being a dad."

"No I apologize for not giving you a fair shot at letting me know I was a dad." I smiled and he did as well.

"So do you want to meet her?" His eyes lit up and his face began to turn red. "Seriously? I can?"

"Of course you can," I laughed a bit at his excitement. "Right now?" He hopped up .

"Devale calm down, it's 6:36pm, she's probably down for a nap but you can if you want to." I told him.

"Okay!" He put down the money for the bill and I gave a tip. Soon we left and arrived infront of my house.

Kayla was watching her for me because of my mom and I's argument. I wasn't apologizing and neither was she.

"You nervous?" I asked him as he unlocked the door, he nodded and I laughed. When I opened the door I heard screaming.

"Oh lord." I looked around, there was covers and pillows towered up in the living room. She was definitely giving Kay a hard time.

" DAILANI MAKARI ELLIS STOP RUNNING NOW!" I turned to Devale who nudged me. "She has my last name?"

I nodded before putting my stuff down, "5 4 3 2 1!" When I got to 2 Dailani and Kayla we're standing infront of me.

"Time out chair now!" I pointed, Dai went to go sit down with a pout. "Thank you for watching her."

"Never again, her ass is bad." She breathed out, she got her stuff and left quickly. "D you can come by another time."

"I have to clean all this up and she's just doing the most- I'll help." He cut me off, I tried to protest but he shut me down.

Reluctantly I agreed and we began getting all the stuff up, I gave Dai my phone so she wouldn't cry.

After about 20 minutes we got the living room looking back to how I had it before. "Lai come here."

A/N : don't mind how many nicknames she got, she got Dai,Lai,Lani,Bug, and whatever else they call her.

"Yes mommy!" She stood infront of me, "I want you to meet someone." She looked over to Devale.

"Him?" I nodded, Devale smiled and sat beside me on the couch. "Hi little one, Im devale." He coo'd at her.

She giggled turning her head, I decided in that moment to tell her. "Dailani baby this is your daddy,"

Her eyes lit up like his did in the restaurant, "Really?" I nodded, he held out his arms and she jumped into them.

I saw tears forming in his eyes and it made me so happy, I placed my hand onto my chest watching them interact.

After their long embrace they finally pulled apart, "Are you going to leave me like uncle Nono?"

My mouth parted hearing her ask that, I felt my heart speed up. "No baby I'll never leave you."

I calmed down at D's response, "Can you stay here with me and mommy?" She asked looking at me for approval.

"For today, but soon you'll be able to go to daddies house and then come back. You'll have 2 homes."

She nodded, she grabbed his hand and ran off to her play room with him. I got on my phone and called Kayla.

"I did it," I said immediately, "Did what?" , "What else bitch? I told D and Dai, they met. They're actually in the back right now."

"Really? That's good, you know that girl has been begging for a dad." That was true, every since some little boy told her she didn't have a dad, she's always wanted (in her life).

"I know, I damn near cried. They hugged for so long it was precious." I expressed to her with a smile.

"So are y'all going to try again or just strictly co parent?" She asked, "You know what, I don't know right now."