18 - the date

Devale Ellis

"You look so beautiful." I complemented Crystal as she made her way to me. I handed her the bouquet.

"Thank you so much d!" She gave me a kiss on the cheek, I pulled out her chair and she sat down then I sat down.

"Everything was amazing D, thank you!" She said again, "I'd do a lot more for you and you know that."

"Yea I do," she mumbled with a smile, "It's been 5 years, tell me about your life since I haven't been in it."

"Well it's been good, you know I have my precious daughter, she's everything. When I was at my lowest her little smile always made me smile."

"Now she's bad as hell I admit but she's my sweetheart." I smiled hearing her talk about our baby.

"Work is work, I love what I do." She started talking about her job, she has like 3 of them. "Which one?" I asked with a laugh

*I don't remember what I wanted her to be.

"All 3 of them, I love being a model it calms me. Walking down the runway and seeing so many eyes on me cheering for me. I love it."

"I also love being a fashion designer, I have designed some of them biggest people in the industry's looks and I couldn't be more pleased with the level of respect people have for me."

"And you know how much I wanted to be a lawyer, im still working on it but one day I will be ready for my exam and I'll ace it!"

I smiled at her enthusiasm, "Your so cute and passionate." I complemented her again, I just couldn't get over her and her beauty.

"So what about you, how's life been for you?"
She asked, "Um you know the use, Star player on the Lakers."

"Only because Kobe died," she coughed, my eyes grew big before we both let out a laugh. "That's cold!"

"I'm sorry," , "It's cool you know I'm playing but yea life is good, good money, good publicity, I love my life."

"So why are you back here in New York?" She asked, "I always knew something was missing." I shrugged.

"You assumed it was me and Dai?" She asked leaning in, her seat was a bit far from the table.
"Not necessarily."

"I knew there was something in my life that needed fixing." I explained, " when I got the invitation from your mom I just knew it had something to do with you."

She blushed and looked down, "Wait you got an invitation from my mom? For what." I nodded.

"That little get together we met again at, it was designed for the teachers to see how far their class has come."

"I didn't know that." She admitted, I shook my head. "That's your mother for you." We both cheers with a laugh.

"So Devale what do you want out of this? Do you want a relationship just for fun or do you want the marriage and more kids life?"

"Cause I don't want to be played with, I've already let another man in my life and he's disappointed both my daughter and I, I don't have time for that." She explained.

"Crystal don't play with me, I want the whole package. You're going to be my wife and we're going to give Dai some siblings."

I smiled and leaned in to kiss her cheek, "I love everything about you and I've missed you more than life."

"I missed you too D." She admitted, I knew she did. "I just don't want to be disappointed again."

"Baby I'm not going to disappoint you, I made the mistake of leaving you already. Never again." I caressed her hand.

"I have a question." I stared at her waiting for her to let me know, "Who was the girl? You're girlfriend."

My jaw clenched, I hadn't even thought about Asia and I didn't want to think about her. I despise her.

"She was not my girlfriend, I want us to have a fresh start so Ill start this off not lying to you ever."

"We have to promise each other that." I helped my pinkie up, she giggled before holding here's us.

We locked pickles then kissed our thumbs before touching them together.

"Me and her were having sex on & off. When you came around it was more off until she called me."

"I was pissed at you and she needed some stress relief, so we had sex. When she answered the door for you I was in the shower."

"She came and told me you were looking for me, described you to me." She nodded taking it in.

"Anyways after that we kept talking until I got drafted, she ended up getting pregnant by another dude."

"I wasn't mad but I was just disgusted because she had Chlamydia and didn't tell me until she got pregnant."

"I was having protected sex with her so I didn't get it but it's nasty to have been sleeping with her." I cringed thinking about it.

Then she gone go on social and try to slander my name but didn't even know I had cameras.

Plus she left a whole voicemail on my phone telling me to get checked and how she was pregnant by her boyfriend now.

"Well that's something," Crys and I took a pause before laughing, "So genuinely do you want to give us another chance?"

"The real way?" I asked with a slight head tilt, "I'd love to Mr.Ellis." She flirted, tilting her head in the same direction.

"Matching my energy I like that." I laughed, she smiled, "Yea, twins." She blushed as she spoke.

"Crystal I love you, I always have. I just want to show you how special you and Dailani are to me."

"I love you to Devale, and best believe your baby girl knows how much you love her." She told me.

"I hope you do as well," , "I do, and I love you the same."

"Come on, let's go watch a movie while our little princess is gone." I said helping her out her seat.

A/N : yes they were eating this entire time, y'all not getting no pictures of the food, designs or fits, No storage bookies :(

"Our little demon you mean," She pointed in my direction and I laughed, we entered the house and made our way to the movie room.

She saw the set up I had a smiled, "You just doing it big huh?" , "You know me," she smiled.

We change into our matching Pj's and enjoyed our night together. I'm glad to have my queen back.