Chapter 1: An Excercise of Trust

Summary:

"What?! Seriously? You think we'd just throw you off ship mid-space? Ryley..don't be ridiculous!"

Robin scowled at the hermit, she wasn't sure if she was more appalled at the idea of it, or insulted that he'd assume them capable of such a sick thing, but honestly what could Robin expect really?

RYLEY:

Silence filled the dark ship, smothering and thick with anxiety, this dark the architect lingering behind the researcher illuminates an eerie yellow hue against the doorway.

In reality Ryley expected this to happen...eventually and figured he'd wing it, but now that he is on the ship, and everything is said and done...

There was no longer any escape if things spiraled wayside, now that they were hours into dead space there was little Ryley could do if they did not like what they discovered, he couldn't help but feel like a cornered rabbit with a snare looped around its throat.

The moment the admission left her mouth Ryley's fingers subconsciously reached for his side, only to hate himself for the tell tale pantomime seconds later..

Both Robin's and the architect's sharp gazes followed the nervous slip, their attention lingering heavily on his wetsuit, he can feel the nervous twitch of the ravaged fins straining to flutter nervously...

"I..I was nipped by some fish, it's nothing serious, kelpseekers get really aggressive after wash down, stumbled by one's nest and it didn't take too kindly to my presence but i'll survive..." He lied quickly, even as he did he could easily see his words were not going to dissuade the duo...

"That's relieving, it shouldn't be too much trouble to clean then.." Robin sighed.

"Umm..No i..i'll handle it myself thanks.." Ryley declined quickly.

"If it is drastic enough to be bleeding it warrants a proper assessment, there is no room for unaccounted afflictions on this vessel, Allow Robin to clean your wounds and assess the state-"

"That won't be necessary! Really I'm Fine! I already said that.." Ryley snapped his panic giving way to defensiveness at the cold tone of the architect.

Something about the way it studied him made his fins shudder nervously under his wetsuit, despite its eyeless face he could feel its cold leer raking over him..it was like the damn thing already knew he was hiding something...

Quickly Robin wedged herself in between the two just as the alien flared an odd shade of burgundy and shifted forward, no doubt she felt the tension rising between them.

"Ryley..it's kind of important we get a look at it, as trivial as it may seem it's a precaution we have decided to upload here, for everyone's safety and since you're kind of stuck with us for the time being, you'll have to meet us halfway on this one..." Robin reasoned easily.

"All inhabitants, new and old are required to undergo a physical examination and a precautionary blood evaluation, this is non negotiable Ryley" Al-an announced coolly but there was a threat there, Ryley could hear it in the alien's nonchalant retort.