Chapter 3: Alternate Measures

SUMMARY:  The Crew decides to give Al-an's plan a go but this eventually leads to conflict as Robin and Al-an try to deliberate what their next steps should be.

Seeing no end to the couple's squabble Ryley decides to offer some assistence.

Notes:

Chapter theme song: https://youtu.be/uCSkC3NupQc
Please listen alongside reading <3

RYLEY:

It was two days into this damn voyage and already Ryley been 'flashed with somber ' as Robin called it, and almost murdered by a pack of feral drones!

Well, maybe not actually murdered...

Robin had amusedly pointed out that the drones were just curious and not in fact actually trying to kill him, which doesn't make him feel one ounce better as being pinned to the floor for a good fifteen minutes whilst being slapped by a pissed off god damn wind up toy wasn't the better alternative either..at least not for Ryley's bruised nose.

Now the docile little assholes simply lurked about the ship freely as if they hadn't just assaulted his person less than twenty minutes ago.

He quietly shifted out of the way as a drone carrying Robin's PDA chirped agitatedly at his leg after bumping into it, it scuttled away quickly rushing to Robin's side like dutiful ants within a nest, surprisingly they mostly ignored the architect who weaved its way around the little drones with dexterity he wouldn't expect from a creature of its size.

He also noted her alien companion seemed to be in a much better mood than it had been earlier that morning, it seemed Robin was successful in talking them out of whatever funk they were in..

Ryley tried not to stare at the architect, he didn't want to draw its gaze like he had before. In all reality Ryley was curious about the alien, he wanted to know why only one survived. and if the architect had why they had left things to fester the way they had back on planet 4546B instead of finding the cure?

Why had it left Emphi to rot alone in that prison of walls..?

Those bloodthirsty warpers...his butchered crew..

He wanted answers..but to claim he wasn't scared shitless of the alien would be a lie, it's first impression was a pretty good deal breaker as far as pissed off dangerous organisms were concerned.

Robin had mentioned she found the architect within a abandoned facility back on planet 4546B, but she never really elaborated in depth on what took place besides the obvious them forming an alliance, gleaning information wasn't an easy task either as most of what this Alan said wasn't even in a discernable language!

When the alien did actually speak to him it was usually short, precise and clipped acknowledgements..not that he himself had actively tried to engage the creature without Robin's involvement.

It seemed they had the mutual understanding to avoid each other.

"Hey Ryley!" He was coaxed from his mental ramblings by the sound of the researcher's voice calling to him, a quick glance up shows Robin hovering by the notably dimmer hallway, trying to get his attention...she looked anxious somehow.

Furthermore now that Ryley was actually paying attention the whole ship had seemingly become significantly dimmer while he was.

"What's going on, did it get darker in here...?" Ryley asked, his brows rising in surprise.

"Yeah Al-an dimmed them to save energy, we found a lead to a precursor base abandoned on a planet called pettracore far outside of Sol! we need to investigate it for pontional signs of Kharaa or tech, while we're there we'll disinfect the place and hopefully find some equipment left behind in the bases."