Chapter 13: A Waning Light

Summary:

The crew finally make it into the hive, yet find more mysteries then answers, with the pressure of Robin's affliction mutating out of prediction, the trio finds themselves pushing recklessly forwards into what may be more then they bargained for.

Mistakes are make and resolves are slowly crumbling
Notes:

Please do check out https://youtu.be/4xtoCl2UGYI to listen to alongside this chapter! 'Г'

It could have been longer but for my sanity i capped it at 16k! Please do enjoy! 'Г'

We finally get to see a little bit of the world these little guys had going in the precursor's absence

As always thank you for reading and taking the time to comment it is me life! '¬'

RYLEY:

Marighttis was a beautiful planet Ryley couldn't begin to deny that but as sad as it was It turned out much of the fauna that once called the gorgeous artificial planet home had long since perished before they arrived, or up and seemingly vanished, again and again the trio had discovered more of the rancid dumping pits, tainting almost every source of water they encountered, utilized for disposing calcified carrion, even in the secure enclosure it looked as if something had breached to invisible barriers protecting the biome from the rest of the diverse ecosystems..

Still not all was lost, and the trio finds this out when Robin notices an odd creature huddled down within the foliage watching them cautiously as they explore their way through the basalt covered coastline.

It was no bigger than a medium dog, balancing the mass of its almost hairless body on two thin birdlike legs, pulled tightly to its brightly coloured chest were two sets of long thin clawed arms..

An odd arrangement of small spotted yellow eyes speckled a flat disk-like face covered in short pale white fur.

"What is that..?" Robin asked curiously, sliding off her precursor's back to step forwards to get a better look, beside her Al-an perked up visibly, a ripple of dim green echoes across the architect's eyeless face, as he stepped forward as well to rest his claws against the researcher's shoulders much like he had in the botanical observatory.

"It seems something has survived this unstable environment, this is a juvenile of a docile but very skittish species, if you intend to glean more information from them with your PDA, consider utilizing stealth."

Al-an suggested softly as he watched the researcher practically vibrate with excitement, he sounded pleased, yet the melancholy that had weighed in on the alien's disposition was still draped across his shoulders.

"Holy shit, I can't believe something survived! Oh right stealth got it.."

Robin whispered her narrow eyes fixed on the small creature with what Ryley could only describe as scientific intrigue, but as Al-an pulled away to let her try, and the researcher edged cautiously closer the small creature immediately darted into the large brush covered burrow without hesitation, leaving the deflating researcher behind.

"Ugh, damn it! I hardly moved!" Robin groaned, annoyed, crawling over to the large burrow to look inside.

"New species acquired, error, system data insufficient, scan insufficient, please acquire biological data samples and submit them to available research nodes in the vicinity for further research."