Chapter 7: Socialization Practices

Summary:

With their time before touchdown dwindling.

Robin makes a final push to try to bond her new friend with her architect over a movie, with results that are surprisingly better then she expected.

Ryley sucks it up and tries to at least familiarize himself with Robin's alien companion despite his misgivings.

Meanwhile Al-an is tasked with collecting the crew's views on a new prototype he has been working on.

However a few reckless actions may set the trio back into the spiral of confusion they were trying to get out of..

Notes:

Chapter theme song is: https://youtu.be/q2S87PnFc8A please listen too while reading for best experience. '¬'

Wow i cant believe this one is done haha! 12,600k for october!
* sorry touchdown is next chapter! <|3

Please enjoy and thank you for supporting this ficiton with your great ideas and thought, rambles it it really helps '¬'

you guys support is better then gasoline
; v;

RYLEY:

Robin doesn't last long, the exhausted researcher doesn't even make it through the movie's opening credits.

Initially the hermit was thoroughly distracted by the movie and new alien food he was provided, he found could easily become addicted to the sweet watery taste of the ploom, and the odd purple meat was quite pleasant as well despite the odd way it foamed up as she lasard it.

But when he casually tells her this and he receives no reply he turns to notice that..oh..Robin has fallen asleep..

The researcher seems to have dozed off fairly early into the film they began streaming. Her head nestled comfortably against her arm and the architect's back, her long black hair pooled over her shoulders hiding most of the sleeping woman's features Ryley hadn't even noticed she was drifting off!

"Hey..why don't you head to bed?" The hermit suggested softly, they could pause the movie until later.

Tentatively he reaches a hand out to nudge the researcher, only to flinch slightly back as the precursor lets out a low warning hiss.

"Do not disturb her." The alien warned just as the sleeping researcher's hand rose and came down with a slap against the alien's flank.

The noise was enough to draw both male's attention yet Al-an didn't even flinch at the strike, instead he simply tilted his head curiously at the now groggy but awake researcher.

"Oh god, be nice Al-an, I doze for one minute and you two are back to being cats again.." She groaned miserably.

"Please return to sleep Robin..." The alien advised patiently but despite how tired she was Robin still had enough energy to muster up a lackluster rebuttal even if she would comply seconds later.

"No!..Just give me a nudge when things start to pick up okay?" The disgruntled women grumbled huddling closer to the warmth of the alien's side, to which the architect simply began petting her back as if she were a irate feline.