Chapter 5: Coffee Talk

Summary:

With little obligations Robin and Al-an have a little early morning chat, while the hermit takes a much needed nap, unfortunately mistakes are made.

ROBIN:

Early dawn greets the crew with no sun, their ship coasting far astray from Sol's familiar light, but mid voyage insomnia plagues the researcher nonetheless.

Initially she woke late night to find the ship's other two occupants in their respective states of rest, her architect resting within his docile state beside the navigation interface, and Ryley having retired to his chambers hours ago.

It wasn't lonely roaming the ship alone, still the drones scuttered dutiously through the walls, looking for mischief no doubt.

She could subtly hear the hermit snoring softly even through the respite chamber doors much to Robin's amusement, the ship around her pulsed with her architect's energy, unyielding and resolute ferrying them through a gravitational stream.

They had drifted far throughout the night, their surroundings odd and almost desolate, unfamiliar to the path the Trans Gov commonly navigated, it looked as if they were teetering near the outer ridges of Sol, far from the sun's reach..

She could just make out a large dull bronze planet in the distance, it looked almost twice the size of earth's moon, pocked with odd black patches, this far Robin couldn't properly identify what it was.

It wouldn't matter though, because
This planet was exactly where they were headed, the planet Marighettis 047..

She tried to act optimistic, she knew in a way her resolve reinforced her architect's even if he never stated it explicitly, But in truth.. Robin was really worried, the likelihood these collectors would demand irreplaceable requests from them was high..

Potentially dangerous requests, vaccine or not..."

Robin tried not to think about the nightmares that shook her from her sleep, accidents like what happened on Adelphi couldn't be allowed to happen again..

Fortunately the researcher was quickly torn from her dark thoughts.

"Robin? It is very early...was your sleep not optimal?"

The sound of movement tears her mind from its downward spiral, she glances up from her coffee to see Al-an standing in the room, curiously gazing down at her.

"It was fine, just couldn't sleep, don't worry about it" While internally she's appreciative of his presence, she still recalls too freshly the bullshit her companion put her through a day ago.

"...Are you upset with me Robin..?"

Al-an inquired carefully from behind her, his worried voice speaking up meekly just as the thick silence clogging the room became nothing short of suffocating.

"I don't know Al-an, what would give you such an impression, hm..?" Robin scoffed.

She didn't have to look at her architect to know he had started to fidget his claws together anxiously while he silently contemplated her less than pleased words.

At least he had the tact to seem at least a little shameful for what he did. Robin inwardly scowled at the mortifying memory, it was apparent she was still very much pissed about his antics the day prior and both of them were well aware of this.

That said, Her architect was either trying his luck and hoping she had gotten over it, or seeking an angel to gain her favor again..

"You haven't spoken to me since.." Al-an pointed out softly, the silent angst buried within his apathetic voice was enough to coax an angel from heaven...too bad that wasn't enough to sway a very salty Robin Ayou..