WARMTH

STRANGER THINGS
001 × READER

WARMTH

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"I moved my head closer to Y/n head, at this point I could smell her scent. "Never leave me Y/n..."I muttered under my breath before kissing her head gently, a smile covered my face as I dozed off."

Mine and Henry eyes widen to just spot a empty cave, it wasn't big which was good.

I still had hold of the odd sized sticks for our soon to come fire, "we actually found a cave." I say not believing my eyes.

"We did." One grinned while saying this,he snuck his hand onto mine and dragged me inside.

Our hands were held close together as we both made our way into the cave, we felt a small breeze hit our body as we entered.

It seemed colder inside but safer atleast.

"It's cold." I muttered to myself, "it really is." Henry responded to me as he pulled him self close to my body, we we're really close our sides were touching. To me it looked as if he was trying to warm me up.

Actually to warm himself and I up, I mean it was working. We were both warmed up by the touch, but I assure you my face was feeling really hot then my body was. I was too flustered by this.

"I can do the fire." I hear a small mutter out of Henry's mouth but unfortunately I wasn't listening.

"What did you say?" I asked him as he just pulled my body down on the spot making me sit on the cold stone floor with the bunch if sticks in my hand.

One hand remained on my shoulder as he repeated himself, "I said..I can do the fire."

I noticed a sign of weaken in his voice, I also saw a bit of blood stained on his shirt and some remaining on his nose that I didn't notice till now.

His hand slowly drifted down from my shoulder as crept to the sticks in my hand.

"No I can do it." I disagreed as a pulled the sticks close as, I sat myself up of the cold floor and dropped the sticks down in the center of the cave.

"Wai-" Henry tried to say something but I turned back around and placed my two hands over his mouth, "You need some rest!" I spoke with a serious face.

Henry placed his hands over my hands, "I'm fine." He managed to say as he carefully pulled my hands away from his mouth.

"I don't care." I say, "Its my turn to help." To help you.

Henry just let out a sigh as he sat on the stone floor infront of me I noticed a glimpse of blush on his face. He must be sick.

I kneeled besides him and placed a hand carefully on his head feeling his temperature, I started muttering words under my breath as Henrys face was heating up by the minute.

"Oh no..your face is heating up." I said in a worried tone but Henry just dragged my hand away from his head, "enough.." He weakly said as he slowly lied himself down making me a bit happier that he's getting some rest.

"I'll do the fire now." I said to myself as I walked to center of the cave where all the sticks were scattered on the ground. My fault.

I grabbed two sticks and forced rubbing them together trying to get a small spark to make a fire, it took a while but I did manage to get it somehow.