CH 20

IDENTIFY YOURSELF! POWERFUL NEW RIVALS

This Gaara was upside down on the other side of the tree to Sasuke.

"Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?" Gaara said.

"I know. I mean they challenged us. They started the whole thing really, see here's what happened." Kankuro stuttered.

"Shut up. Or I'll kill you."

My eyes widened when I sensed no lies in his threat.

"Right. I was totally out of line. I'm sorry Gaara. I was totally out of line." I saw both Kankuro and the girl, hold their hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry for any trouble he caused." Gaara said to Sasuke.

Gaara disappeared and then reappeared in front of Kankuro and the girl.

"Let's go. We didn't come here to play games." Gaara said.

"Alright sure, I get it." Kankuro said.

"Hold on. Hey!" Sakura yelled, stopping the trio.

"What?" The girl said.

"I can tell by your headbands, that you come from the Village Hidden in the Sand. Of course, the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no Shinobi can enter another's village without permission. So state your purpose and it better be good." Sakura demanded.

"Really? Have you guys all been living under a rock or what? You don't know what's going on do you? We have permission." She said as she held up her ID. "Of course, your correct. We are Hidden Sand Genin. Our home is the Land of Wind. And we're here for the Chunin exams. Get the picture?"

"The Chunin exams? What's that?" Naruto asked as I sweat dropped. "Well I've never heard of any Chunin exams, believe it."

"I believe it alright, that your totally clueless."

"Hey boss! Those are the exams that every genin has to take in order to graduate to being a full on Chunin." Konohamaru explained.

"Oh well why didn't you say so? I am so there!"

Gaara turned around and we locked eyes.

"Hey you!" Sasuke said as he jumped down. "Identify yourself."

"Hm? You mean me?" The girl asked with a blush.

"No. Him. The guy with the gourd on his back." Sasuke pointed.

They stopped. "My name is Gaara. Of the desert. I'm curious about you too. Who are you?"

"I am Sasuke Uchiha."

"Hi there! I bet your dying to know my name right?" Naruto beamed.

"I couldn't care less." Gaara said.

The sand genin turned around to walk again. That's when Sasuke noticed me.

"Hotaru!" Sasuke yelled as everyone looked at me.

I titled my head.

"Are you going to see Shisui?" He asked looking down.

I nodded.

"I'll join." He smiled and walked up to me.

I smiled at him as he put his arm around me and we walked off.

LATER THAT DAY

Our squad was waiting for Kurenai-Sensei when we saw her walk up.

"Sorry I'm late. I recommended all four of you for the Chunin exams. Here's your application forms. It's in 5 days at room 301 at the academy." She said handing us papers.