CH 25

HOTARU'S POV ~ THE CHUNIN EXAM STAGE 2: THE FOREST OF DEATH

"We call it the Forest of Death. And soon enough, your gonna find out why." Anko laughed.

"They call it the Forest of Death, and soon enough, your gonna find out why." Naruto mocked Anko, while I swear dropped. "Do your worst! Your not gonna scare me away! I can handle anything!"

"So. Looks like we've got ourselves a tough guy." Anko said as she threw a kunai at Naruto. It grazed him. Then she appeared behind him. "Tough enough to handle this? Your not afraid are you? Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over this forest."

Suddenly she drew another kunai.

"I was just returning your knife."

"Why thank you grass ninja. You know I really only recommend you stand this close to me, if you wish to reach a premature end." Anko said, grabbing her other kunai.

"My pardon. With the sight of blood and your blade slicing through my hair, I'm afraid that I just became a little excited. I meant you no harm."

"Naruto." Hinata said as I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Likewise." Anko said as the grass ninja walked away. "Seems like everyone here today is quick tempered. There must be something in the air. This is gonna be fun." Anko walked back to her previous position in front of the Forest of Death. "Now before we begin the test, I have something to hand out to you all. It's just a standard consent form. Before the test, all of you are going to have to read over his form and then sign it."

"What for?" Naruto asked.

"Some of you may not come back from this test, and I have to get your consent to that risk. Otherwise it'd be my responsibility." Anko laughed and I swear dropped again.

I could feel Gaara's eyes on me again.

"Now. I'll explain what you'll be doing on this test. Here pass these out. The first thing you need to know is that this test will test everyone of your survival skills."

'Good. This should be a cake walk for us. Our team specializes in survival skills.' I thought as I grabbed a sheet.

"First. I'll give you all a description of the terrain on the practice field. The 44th battle ground has 44 locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest inside. In the center is a locked tower, located 10 kilometers from each gate. It's in this confined area, that you'll undergo the survival test. The test consists of, an anything goes battle to get your hands on these scrolls." Anko explained.

I signed my paper.

"Both of them?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes. You'll be fighting to get both. A heaven scroll and an earth scroll. Altogether 26 teams will be taking part in this test. So half of those teams will be going after the heaven scroll. And the other half will be trying to get the earth scroll. I'll hand over one kind of scroll to each team and that's what you'll be vying for."

"Okay. So how do we pass the test?" Sakura asked.

I handed my paper over to Kiba.