CH 24

HOTARU'S POV ~ THE TENTH QUESTION: ALL OR NOTHING!

"Alright. Listen up. Here's the tenth and final question." Ibiki announced.

'Here we go.' I thought.

"But. Before I give you the question, there are some more rules that you need to be aware of."

The door opened and in walked Gaara's teammate and the sentinel.

"Huh?" He said.

"Ah. Made it just in time. I hope you found your trip to the bathroom enlightening. Well take your seat." Ibiki said.

He walked back to his seat.

"These rules are unique to question 10. Listen carefully. And try not to let them frighten you. Very well, rule number 1, each of you is free to chose not to be given the final question. It's your decision."

"Whoa! So what's the catch? Let's say we decided not to do it what happens then?" This was Gaara's female teammate.

"If you choose not to take the tenth question, then regardless of your answers to the other nine, you'll get a zero. In other words you fail. And that means of course, both your team mates fail."

Everyone started talking.

"Not so fast. You didn't let me finish. If you do accept the question, but answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail, you will be barred from ever taking the chunin exams ever again!"

Shock was on everyone's face.

"Hey! That's bull man! That's ridiculous! What kind of bogus rule is that? There's lots of people here who've taken the test before!" Kiba yelled while Akamaru barked.

Ibiki laughed.

"I guess your just, unlucky. I wasn't making the rules before. But I am now. Of course if you don't want to take it, you don't have to. If your not feeling confident, by all means skip it. You can come back and try again next year." Ibiki laughed.

After a few moments of silence.

"Now then, if your ready, the tenth and final question, those who don't want to take it raise your hand. Your number will be recorded, and then your free to go."

A few more minutes of silence........ and then I saw a hand go up.

"I'm out. That's it. I'm out. I just can't do it. I'm sorry." It was the guy sitting next to Naruto.

"Number 50. Fail. Number 130. Number 110. That means your out to."

"Geni. Inoho. I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry."

"That's it. I'm out."

"Me too."

Suddenly hands started going up. My eyes widened in shock. 'They're dropping like flies.'

I thought Sakura was raising her hand, but she stopped when she saw Naruto's go up.

I saw Naruto shaking and I gasped. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Gaara turn to look at me.