Prologue - Friends

Within the palace of the Goetia family, a tall demon owl anthro is wondering around the hallways in search of someone. He looked at one room in the left, and then the room on the right. But nothing was to be found except for the rich and luxury furniture that is fitting of royalty.

"Octavia? My little Starfire? Where are you?" He asked.

This particular Owl is none other than Stolas, Goetia Prince of Hell. And whom he was searching is none other than his daughter, Octavia. He had search high and low for her and was starting to get a bit frantic. And what's worse, his wife, Stella, was not bothering helping the search. How he hated it.

"Octavia!" He shouted in desperation.

Just then, he heard a small weeping sound from the corridor. He rushed to see if it was his daughter. There in front of him was a closet door and the sound can be heard from within. He opened it and sure enough, a small little Owl girl in tears was in the far corner in a ball.

She nearly jumped when he opened the door. But after seeing him, she relaxed and ran towards him in a hug while crying. Stolas sighed in relief that his beloved daughter was ok as he hugged her.

"Via. What were you doing in there?" He asked.

The little owl looked up with her pink and white eyes filled with tears. "Daddy. I don't wanna."

Stolas blinked. "Don't wanna what?"

"I don't wanna marry that prince. He's so mean. And he scares me."

"Prince?"

"Grandpa came by and told me that I am to marry him. But I don't wanna." Octavia then started sobbing uncontrollably. Stolas then hugged her and patted on her back.

It was all starting to make sense now: His father, King Paimon of the Goetia family of hell, came to see her and explained that she is to be engaged to a prince to sire an addition to the family. He knew it all too well. After all, he was married to Stella as part of the royal family arrangement to sire a precautionary addition to the Goetia family, thus continuing the royal bloodline. He never liked Stella. No. He never loved her. He didn't want to because of her personality and cruelty. Plus, he was considered a homosexual. He felt like a prisoner in that situation. The only thing that became joyful in this marriage was Octavia, his daughter, whom he has developed a strong bond towards. That was it.

And now, It was Octavia's turn. Stolas was not going to allow it and let her decide for herself. But Paimon already knew of this and arranged it without his knowledge. Now Octavia is to face the same cruel fate just like him.

"There there, Via. It's going to be ok." He soothed her with a warm smile.

"No. No no no. I don't wanna get married to him." Octavia hiccuped through her tears.

Stolas sat down on the floor and embraced her to help her relax. And it was working. They shared this special moment of father and daughter for such a long time that nothing can break them apart. All but one.

"STOLAS!" Screamed a voice from behind them. "THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THE FLOOR?!"

It was Stella, Stolas' wife. Unlike Stolas and Octavia, Stella was a white owl with the same eyes as Octavia, but more regal.

"Comforting Octavia. She's upset." Stolas explained as he tried to hold in his anger.

"Well stop. It's annoying to see you like this. And on the floor no less. And Octavia. What are you upset about?"

Octavia didn't respond. Stolas decided to answer. "She's upset about the arranged marriage she's in by my father."

"Is that it? That's the whole reason? Pfft. I pray to the demons that she won't end up like you. Besides, I've spoke with the Prince, and he's descent enough for her. So, she'll like it one way or another."