Chapter 8: Paimon

They soon got to learning. Henry was teaching Octavia about the musical notes, how to adjust the strings, as well as the timing. The owl girl tried using her fingers which caused some discomforting pain. Henry offered a plectrum of his own for her to use. Even though she found a huge difference and no pain, it was hard for her to pluck the string without breaking it apart. She however did broke one string. But she was able to fix it with magic. Magic was something Henry had never seen in real life before. It was remarkable.

After a good long 30 minutes, they took a break. This is where Octavia decided to teach Henry Astronomy. Although he didn't like the subject since he was bad at it, Octavia did her best to help him understand it better. And it worked. Henry actually found interest in the stars. Suddenly, he looked at the calendar and notice something on it.

"Hey Octavia. Is there something special on that particular day?" Henry asked.

The owl girl looked and responded. "Oh that. Well, it's suppose to be the day where me and my dad go see Azathoth's tears, a special display that resembles meteor showers."

"Azathoth's tears?"

"Yeah. My father explained it to me when I was young."

- 13 years ago -

The little owlet was sitting on her father's lap, listening and watching the amazing display of the special event which was called, Azathoth's tears. Stolas explained as he performed such a sight.

"In the great expanse of the nether there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomenon the great brilliance of an exploding star, the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula. But once every one thousand years our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight from the deep eldritch recesses of the cosmos the tears of a forgotten colossus begin to fall. Tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be. Condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display. What appears to mortal beings as a meteor shower we can see for what it is: Azathoth's Tears."

"Wow. It's beautiful." Octavia said in awe.

Stolas chuckled. "Indeed it is. I never got the chance to see it, but I'd hope to see it one day with someone special." He didn't know if Octavia thinks that Stella would be the special someone. Stolas didn't feel any love for Stella. So her being the special one is out of the question. But then after giggling, Octavia asked him a question that made his whole heart melt.

"Daddy. Can we go see it together someday?"

"R...Really?"

"Yes. Can we go together?"

Stolas smiled. "Hahaha. Of course dear. I promise when the day comes, nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you." He soon tucked her into bed and kissed her forehead. "Good night, my little Starfire."

- Back to present -

"Wow. It's that special?" Henry asked in awe.

"Yes. It only happens once every thousand years. And this generation is gonna have it. Since then, I've been counting the days till it begins." Octavia said.

She was about to display the same show her father showed her when the Imp Butler knocked on the door. Octavia sighed but cleared her throat. "Come in."

The butler opened the door and entered. "Madam Octavia. I have been informed that your grandfather, King Paimon, will be arriving shortly. So I must ask Mister Blight to leave for the day."

"WHAT!?! GRANDPA IS COMING!?!" Octavia asked in utter horror.

"Yes. Now, we need to prepare you. That outfit is unbecoming of a princess."