Chapter 10: Babysitting

Octavia remained in her room for the rest of the day. Holding the Grimoire of hers in her own hand was nothing but a painful reminder of her arranged marriage. Even though she hated the book, it does serve its purpose as it has unlock many new spells for her to use. The one she uses the most for now was an astral display spell which allowed her to see the stars while humming a lullaby she remembered long ago when her father stayed by her side. She even received so many texts from Loona and Bogy asking if she was ok. She didn't feel like responding and just wanted to remain all alone.

Then a knock can be heard from her door. She groaned and responded. "Go away."

"Via. It's me. And I brought Henry. We have a surprise for you." Stolas answered.

Octavia didn't want to answer the door at all. But given that Stolas understood her the most, she decided to get up and open the door. She saw her father looking worried. And the other, she thought it was Henry but it wasn't. Nor was it that spoiled prince. She blinked a few times.

"Hey. Um...I know this is new but..." Henry said before Octavia spoke.

"Why are you in a shape of an American Yellow Warbler?" She asked.

Henry chuckled. "Funny thing really."

"You found a new prince?" Paimon asked through the magic mirror, talking to Stolas with Octavia and Henry in the back.

After Stolas explained the whole thing with Octavia, the first thing she did was berate him for such a stupid plan that may never fool her grandfather. And she was even surprised that Henry is in agreement. But after explaining it even further, she realized that this was the key to being free from her chains. Although she was worried about Paimon finding out later on, she didn't see any other alternative since there aren't that many princes around here. She just hoped that this would work.

"Y-Yes, Father. I did actually found him roaming around Hell. And we actually had a talk. Yes."

"Is that so?" Paimon then looked at the nervous Henry as the imp butler pressed a button and the mirror moved closer to him. "And what is your full name young man?"

Henry wondered if Paimon knew every humans and who they are. So thinking carefully, he remembered his Grandfather's name and nickname. So he decided to mix it up to fool him to see if it works. "My name is Harold Jebediah Callisto, sir."

"Hmmm..." Paimon was looking very carefully at him. "And where are you from?"

"I'm actually adopted." Henry lied.

Surprisingly, Paimon took it. "I see. But what royalty were you adopted in?"

"I...I was actually born in this world form some time. I'm part of a new royalty here in Hell."

Henry remembered the very things that Stolas and Octavia wanted him to say so that he would not be in a trap. It was true that some Demons can be born from nowhere and start a new type of royalty around here. The same happened to Paimon and others when Hell was still in its infancy. So Paimon decided to accept it.

"I see. But what are your talents? What can you do?" He asked.

"I'm a violinist. I learned it since my younger days and I am still good at it." Henry answered.

"Then by all means," Paimon conjured a spell and made a violin appeared and hovers it to Henry, "Entertain me."

Henry nodded and took the instrument. While he was told to say things, he was speaking the truth about the violin. In fact, his brutal father did teach him to play at a young age despite his protest. It was a painful memory. All the whipping, the sore and bleeding fingers, and trembling hands. And yet, ironically, it serves its purpose in playing it so well. He was able to adjust the instrument and played it so well that he impressed not only Paimon, but to everyone around him.