Chapter 7: First Day

Henry informed his friends about Octavia and the lessons he will be giving her, as well as showing off his new guitar. Bogumierz was amazed by this and wished him good luck, while Loona was speechless that Octavia would want to learn Rock n' Roll. More importantly; she hops that Stolas wouldn't do anything. After all, she had not dated anyone yet.

Henry was now in the lobby with Husk and Angel Dust. While the two were playing poker, Henry was trying out his guitar. He find it somewhat easier that he anticipated as he was able to find the correct notes. All the while, the two demons were listening while trying to win at poker.

"Henry. Why don't you stop playing and join?" Husk asked.

"Sorry. Last time I played poker, I went broke instantly. And my stockholders were pretty pissed." Henry answered.

"You? Bad at poker? I don't buy it." Angel Dust scoffed as he revealed his hand, showing he has a full house.

Husk smirked. "You're one to talk." He then placed his cards and showed them. "4 of a kind. Pay up, bitch."

Angel growled and gave the Cat Demon 100 dollars. "Crap. I'm out."

"Jeez. You cleaned him right off." Henry complimented.

"It's a gift. I know my way around. Now if you excuse me, I need to restock on the booze and shit. Later." Husk got up and left, but not before giving Angel Dust a middle bird, prompting the Spider Demon to return the finger back.

Henry just chuckled as he continues on his instrument and started to do so well. He was starting to understand why Bogumierz liked living here in the hotel with them: They were like a family. Deep down, he wishes to be part of one as well, but he needs to get his life together first since he made a deal to start working. Right now, teaching the owl girl was his priority since she bought it for him.

The next day came by and Henry was walking down the streets with a mug of coffee in his hand and carrying his guitar case with him. Octavia was able to give him the address as well as a card that will allow him to enter without trouble. But he was told to hide it since the Goetia family is target by many Demons who wants them for various things. He also concealed his face to avoid attention from those who might do things. How did Bogumierz get the hang of this, he asked himself.

Eventually, Henry arrived at the Goetia mansion. He marveled at the exterior design as a tall regal mansion that has many unique features; such as many pillars, windows that are elegant and tall with pink stained glass, a large garden with many wondrous and mysterious plants, but what caught his attention was the glyph on the building. It looked very strange, yet something about it felt like it was made for them. He rubbed it off and went to the gate and rang the bell.

"Hello. Who is this?" Asked a voice of a butler from the telecom box on the gate.

"Hi...um...I'm Henry Blight and I am here with a card to see the princess." Henry answered.

Suddenly, as if by magic, an eye appeared near the telecom, looking at Henry. Henry was startled by this and nearly lost his footing. The eyes looked around him till it spotted the card he was still holding, prompting Henry to show it. After a while, the eye disappeared and the butler spoke again as the gate started to open. "Ah. Yes. Madam Octavia is expecting someone. Come in."

Henry hesitated a bit. But snapped himself back to his senses and walked up to the door as it opened.

Inside was like any other mansion: Large interiors with many pictures and furniture. But what really is different is that the pictures were that of what can be amused to be Octavia's father, Stolas. It showed him showing his serious demeanor as well as being with another female, a white Owl. Henry can assume that it's his wife. The next one really surprised him: It was a picture of him and young Octavia, smiling together. It would be normal for a father and daughter, but for the prince? How is that so?