Glass Bowl

Hello. I know that it's been a long while since I've updated The Freaks as I was working on a new (and completed) book. Feel free to check it out. I now plan to update this story more often, starting with this chapter here :) So I hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Woohoo! Party!"

Lauren smiled and shook her head at Archie.

"Excited are we?"

Archie took another box which was by the front door of Lauren's and Shaun's house and loaded it into the back of their car.

"Well yeah. It's been a while since we've had a reason to celebrate. Welcome the new year with a 'bang' and all that."

It was the morning of 'New Years Eve' and the gang were getting ready to attend the yearly celebration, held at the town hall.

"True." Lauren agreed. "God knows we need."

The two of them were swiftly interrupted by a loud crashing sound, followed by shouting.

"Who the bloody-hell put that box there!" Shaun bellowed as he picked himself off the floor, rubbing his grazed knee.

"You did you buffoon." Archie laughed.

"Shaun. Don't tell me you seriously tripped over the boxes that you put down." Lauren sighed, emphasising the second 'you'.

"Maybe." He answered sheepishly.

Archie laughed once more while Lauren shook her head and picked up another box full of paper plates and shoved it into her car.

"Why don't you make yourself useful Shaun? Pass me another box." She added.

"What? Driving you to the town hall isn't enough for you?"

"No."

Turning to Archie, Shaun placed  hand on his shoulder.

"Son." He began in a fatherly tone. "If you don't want to lose your freedom, don't ever get married."

"We're not even married yet!" Lauren shouted from the car.

"Fine then. Don't ever get engaged." Shaun finished as he looked at Lauren who was standing arms folded by the boot of the car. "Better?"

"Never fear, Chas is here." Came a cheery cheer from down the street.

"Oh great. Here comes 'Little Miss Tiny'."

"Hey! I heard that!"

"You were supposed to."

"Alright Shaun. Jeez. What crawled up your ass?" Chas asked, slightly taken back by his hostility.

"Little ba-ba here got a bo-bo." Archie chuckled as he lightly tapped Shaun's cheek.

"Aw. Diddums." Chas smiled in return.

"Oi, get off." Shaun frowned as he slapped Archie's hand away from his face.

"Shaun." Lauren warned. "Play nice."

"Fine. Fine. Chas that's a lovely dress you're wearing today."

Chas looked down at her clothes in confusion. She wasn't wearing a dress. She never wore dresses.

"Um Shaun. It's just a top."

"Oh yes sorry, my mistake. It's just that your height compared to your shirt actually makes it look like a dress."

"Hey man, ease up alright? She's not that short." Archie interrupted.