It All Happened so Fast

"Hey, Erin, sounded important on the phone." Brent said. I looked at him and couldn't help but cry. Brent was the first boyfriend I had that I actually loved, but things were getting out of hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me. "Seems like everything." I said, burying my head into his chest. "Tell me about it." He said. I looked at him. "Just so you know, I love you." I said, tears streaming down my face.

He let go of me and wiped my tears with his thumbs. "I love you too." He said. I smiled, good. "I wish you and your band didn't have the fame you have, it makes it hard being your fucking girlfriend." I said, sobbing.

"Yeah I know, wish those people with their fucking cameras would scram." He said. I nodded. Not knowing how to tell him that we can't be together anymore because it was all too much, and it broke my heart.

I guess Phil was right when he told the guys I was in love. "It's all too much for me right now." I told him. He pressed his forehead against mine and held my hands. "I'm so sorry for all of this shit." He said.

"I know. I know." I said. "Listen, the band and I are going on tour soon." He said, and then my heart broke into a million more pieces. "This is too much." I said. "I understand if you want to break up, but I want you to know that I fucking love you okay?" He said, holding either side of my head with his hands.

He then kissed me. "I love you." I said. He smiled. "We can still be friends, but dating? That's a bit too much for me." I said. He nodded. "I'll see you later Erin." He said. He then walked away.

I was heartbroken. I didn't want to break up with him, but everything was moving too fast. God I didn't even tell him about the kiss I had with Kelly. I then walked home, crying the whole way there and then some.

I hated fucking crying, I was loud when I cried. I thought Brent was going to be the last boyfriend I had. It's been a good two months, but as his fame and his bands fame started growing as fast as it did, I couldn't keep up.

I made it to the apartment, still bawling my eyes out. I opened the apartment door and cried harder as I heard my crying echo through the apartment. As I was crying, I heard the front door open so I turned around and there was Kelly.

I cried even harder. He and I kissed and I hated my self for it. He looked really worried. He took off his leather jacket and tossed it onto the kitchen counter. "Jesus, Erin are you okay?" He asked walking towards me. I shook my head and wiped my tears with my hands.

"No I'm not fucking fine, Brent and I just broke up, and that sucks because I thought I loved him." I say. Kelly just stands there, not sure what to do. I walked to my room and closed my door.

I changed my clothes and climbed into bed. Now silent crying and with a headache. That's how I fell asleep.

I wake up at five something and lazily wake up. I have to work. Which I guess is a good thing to do in order for me to get my mind off what had happened last night. I got up and walked out of my room and into the shower. After my shower I got dressed and walked into the kitchen.

I was very surprised to see Kelly sitting at the kitchen counter this early. "Why are you up so early?" I asked him. He shrugged. "How are you doing?" He asked. I shrugged like he did. "Still not okay, but I'll get over it eventually." Realistically I was hoping I'd get over it at all. Over the heartbreak, the hard times, over Brent, over it all.

He left it at that. "Can you do me a favor?" He asked me. I looked at him. "Depends on what that favor is." I said. "Well, y'know how I'm trying to get the guys and I a gig at the Whiskey?" He asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, told me the night I found you on the bathroom floor almost passed out." I said.

After I said that the very distinct memory plagued my mind. Kelly and I kissed. I stared at him. "Yeah, so I was wondering if you could put in a good word because well, you work there." Kelly said. I was still staring at him, having no idea what the fuck he just said.

I felt someone shake my shoulder and I stoped staring at Kelly. "Uh-sorry, what we're you saying?" I asked him. Kelly furrowed his eyebrows. "I asked if you would put in a good word for the guys and so we can try and get a gig at the whiskey." He repeated.

I nodded. "I can do that. I gotta go. I'll see you later." I said as I glanced  at my watch and walked out the door. When I reached work, I put my keys under the bar and started making drinks. I had to try and get ahold of the guy who runs this place, my boss.

I was having myself a fifteen minute break and I took it as my opportunity to talk to my boss. "Hey, can I talk to you a minute?" I asked him. He turned around and looked at me. "Sure, about what?" He asked. "Well my roommate Kelly is in this band, L.A. Guns, and I was wondering if you'd consider getting them a spot one night so they can play a gig?" I asked.

He looked at like he was deep in thought. "I have one opening, one. Next week, only one." He said. I smiled. "Thank Jesus." I said and he laughed. "Get back to work Erin." He said.

The rest of the night, I was bartending and singing along to whatever music was playing that night. Feeling better about what had happened with Brent and I. It still hurt, but at least I wasn't crying anymore.

When I got home it was around midnight. The door to the apartment wasn't unlocked so I knew Kelly would be home. I opened the door and Kelly had a lamp on and was sat on the couch with his bass and a bunch of papers scattered around him.

"Hey Kell." I said walking to the couch. He looked up from what he was doing. "Hey Erin." He said as he moved the papers off of the couch so I could sit down. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I'm writing or trying to write some songs." He said.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked. He looked at me. "Yeah." He said. I smiled a really big smile. This could be what gets them going in the world. "I got you a gig at the Whiskey." I said smiling. His eyes got wide. He stopped what he was doing and got up, smiling and walking around the room. Unsure of what to do with himself.

"No fucking way." He said. I nodded. "Yes fucking way." I said getting up. He looked at me and smiled even bigger. I don't think I've seen Kelly smile like this before. "Holy shit. Fucking thank you Erin." He said walking over to me and crushing me in a hug that I returned.

He was still hugging me when I started to pull away. He was still in front of me. "Kell?" I asked. "Yeah?" He said in a low husky voice. I looked into his eyes and found he was already staring at me.

Before I could say anything else though, Kelly took my face in his hands and kissed me again. It all happened so fast. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I was still getting over Brent and Kelly is acting like this. But fucking hell, Kelly is a really good kisser.