Chapter 2 "the photo)

Namie
Nao
Daido
??? (seated)
Yuuma
???
???
Misaki
Ren
Kazu 

Yuuma chewed the tip of his pen as he paced across the hall from Misaki's room. Shortly after they arrived they got a wide welcome from Misaki. Barely keeping it together in a smile. The group rushed Ren over to get checked by her and once they explained that it was Maki's fault not his, she settled down. That was without a sharp glare in Maki's direction that was so dark Yuuma could swear Maki was surprised. The only other person who greeted them was Daido, leaning out from the balcony and waving.

Eventually, the group got settled down with Himiko and Maki being led to their own rooms, forcing Kazu to monitor security cams on Maki. He's called down a couple of times to report Maki mainly just sat around and Himiko slept. Nao and Namie did whatever secret twin things that twins did. Shortly after they got Ren all patched up Misaki asked for Shuichi and Himiko to check up on them.

Ren and Daido were also in the room, Ren playing a game on his phone while Daido fiddled with his thumbs. Daido was the one who got to talk to Maki about her killing game experience, Ren volunteered but no one seemed too keen for Ren to ask progressively uncomfortable questions to Maki. Especially since he just got stabbed. Dadio wasn't a bad substitute, he got quite a bit of information from her.

He continued to pace thinking about everything that happened that day. The weird note from the old lady, Shuichi, figured everything out immediately. It was all a pain, he hated leading, and he hated having to take control of everything.

"You ok dude?" Ren eventually asked when Yuuma's pacing got annoying.

"They've been in there for a while,"

"Maki said they've been on the run for weeks, and rarely able to get food," Daido said.

"I guess... hopefully, they will end ok," he muttered. He didn't hate any of these people to wish them harm. Sure, he blamed them for Kokichi's death, but he didn't like how skinny the trio was back when they found them.

"With Misaki? Depends on her mood," Ren replied.

"Do you want to know more about what Maki said?" Daido asked before Yuuma signed again.

"Yeah, could get us some more information, and get my mind off things," Yuuma pinched his forehead.

"She described the killing game in her perspective, she skipped most of the trials and mainly told me about stuff that wasn't shown on screen, she spend most her time in her room, her relationship with the astronaut and the boss,"

"What did she say about the boss,"

"She's conflicted," as Daido spoke, Ren's eyes moved away from his game to focus on the conversion, "she believes what she did was justified with what she knew but knows her actions got Kaito killed, she didn't want to say anymore,"

"It seemed it was too much for her," Ren continued.

"Then she can cry me a river, and I would pollute it,"

"What?" Ren looked surprised at Yuuma's hostility and odd choice of insults. He knew Yuuma was never going to like or forgive Maki for her treatment of Kokichi since she took part in the event that took his life, however, he didn't expect him to be this direct.

"Besides recounting that, she didn't say much, I didn't press her about the boss, actually we wore masks to hide our expressions," Dadio finished. None of them were even close to the level Kokichi and Riko were at controlling their expressions, while Kokichi used it to freak people out with his faces, Riko chose to use it to tell more convincing lies. The only major issue is that at least everyone learned how to make creepy faces. Usually twisting their smiles or looking insane. Yuuma was the only one who couldn't do that, he could make his expressions dark and threatening, but he couldn't morph his face as if a horror movie came to life.