Chapter 3: magic and robots

order
Namie
Nao
Daido
??? (seated)
Yuuma
???
Sachi
Misaki
Ren
Kazu
I added a nice little reference photo drawn my yours truly of our lovely cast of troublemakers

There was way too much work for the past two days for Yuuma to keep track of what was happening. Shuichi and Maki were shockingly cooperative with everything he demanded.

"How is Himiko?" Yuuma asked Misaki one day.

"She's doing fine, just sleeping, doesn't talk much, misses her friends," Misaki signed. "You can visit her ya know,"

"What would I say, not like she knows anything,"

"Fair... maybe at some point, you can bring her to Sachi, he needs you by the way," 

"Why?" Yuuma crossed his arms.

"He said he just finished a major project he's been working on for the last couple weeks, and it applies to the last game, didn't tell me anything about it though,"

"He mentioned it at least once or twice," Yuuma muttered to himself. "Has he said anything about the contents of the project?"

"I don't know, he's been surprisingly hostile whenever I tried to press him about it,"

"Maybe because he liiiiiiiikes you," Namie's high-pitched voice jumped between them. Compared to Misaki and Yuuma, she was quite short and was standing on her toes like a begging child. Her mannerisms were similar to Kokichi in a lot of ways, the only real difference is that Kokichi was somehow shorter and more chaotic.

"I doubt that man would ever get his eyes off a computer to 'like' someone in that way," Misaki rolled her eyes before looking away. Was she bummed about that? Yuuma shook off those thoughts before nodding to Misaki.

"I will go visit him, need me to say anything?" He turned around to head to Sachi's room. Namie jumped a little before following him. Her ponytails nearly slapped Misaki in the face.

The hallways were quiet most of the time, though whenever Namie was around she made sure to ramble about anything and everything. The current topic was what was the best type of sweet mochi. She was extremely passionate about the topic.

It was rare for Namie to be separated from Nao for so long. They two tended to stick with each other no matter the situation. What was most likely the reason Nao was still alive to this day. When they were children Namie went to an extremely suspicious group of people when the two were lost. Nao wanted to stay with the friendly group that was already helping them. It ended up that the "suspicious" group was a friendly biker gang while the friendly group was trying to lure the two to a killing game. That was the first instance of a would-be D.I.C.E member running into team danganronpa.

"Besides we all know *daifuku mochi is beyond the simple mortals understanding, only the blessed understand the true amazingness of them!" Namie continued to ramble, snapping Yuuma out of his trance.

"How about all of us who haven't grown up in a rich household for most of their life?" Yuuma raised an eyebrow.

"Then they must have been cursed in a past life to suffer for not having taste, but their cycle of rebirth will be fulfilled once they understand the trueness of the daifuku,"  It didn't even make Namie falter. Does she realize how insensitive that is?

"Then I don't know how to explain how the boss liked sakura mochi the most," Yuuma muttered. His voice lingered longer than he would have liked. He hoped someday mentioning Kokichi wouldn't bring the mood down. However, he knew that he might never get over the death of that child, especially one who Yuuma saw as a brother.