Final leaders

Pete rested his head on Vegas chest and listened to his heart beat. He snuggled his face into Vegas's warm strong peaks. Vegas took his hands and began to run them threw his lover's soft hair and smiled at him. Vegas's was still healing after the shooting and he even had to learn how to walk again. Through all that Pete never left his side.

"Do you think you'll leave the hospital soon?" Pete said looking up from Vegas's chest.

Pete was so bored with seeing Vegas in that same dull ,white ,hospital gown. It fit him so poorly and would spill off his shoulders when walking, Pete couldn't lie he loved sneaking a peak at his lover's nipples.

"After I get to walking better I have business to take care of Pete. We can't always be like." Vegas said referring to Pete snuggling into him like a cat with his owner.

Pete face become blank, because he knew what Vegas meant by that. He was so tired of the mafia life he just wanted to be normal. He wanted to be like a normal couple, but they would never have that.

"I'm tired of fighting Vegas." Pete said standing up from the hospital bed.

Vegas looked away from him trying to look into his sad eyes.

"My father is dead now I have no choice." Vegas said trying make Pete understand.

"Like you just said he's dead now. You don't have to be like him. Again you're choosing him over me." Pete's voice was trying to remain calm, but his temper was so weak.

They we're trying to be a better couple, no fighting , no yelling, just talking ,and understanding one another. It was so hard for Pete to let go of those habits when all he wanted to do was yell and scream at Vegas, but he couldn't. Everything in him wish he could go back to their toxic relationship, it hurt, but Pete thrived off of those roller coaster of emotions. Even Vegas was struggling with it , but he couldn't hurt Pete again.

"I understand why you're upset, but if I want to keep our family safe I have to take over the major family." Vegas said in a calm tone trying not upset Pete.

Vegas's gentle tone begin to calm Pete down and he sit down on the bed.

"I'm upset because I'm scared. I didn't mean to be harsh towards you, but I'm tired of fighting just to survive." Pete said placing his hands on Vegas's hands.

"I'm not going to be like my father Pete I'm going to protect my family and you." Vegas said hugging Pete.

After Vegas's father died, he had felt a new sense of freedom. No longer did he have to look for his father's approval, finally he was free of those standards to be who ever his father wanted. Pete was felt like Vegas's prince standing at his side. The family ring was now Vegas's and he was willing to share the throne with his lover. The couple even decided to adopted a baby of their own to raise. It definitely wasn't Vegas's idea, but he would do anything to keep his lover happy.

"We don't have worry anymore, right? We don't have to hide anymore Vegas." Pete said turning his head to look at his lover.

Vegas looked at Pete and smiled. "No more hiding my love I promise. We run the major family now."

Vegas's father never wanted peace between the two family, but Vegas thought that it was silly to hold on to a grudge that started with his uncle and father. This was a new generation they didn't have to hold on to the past. He realized that his hate for the main family was just because of  two old men who couldn't settle their disagreements.

"We're going to meet with Kinn today to start our agreement's the right way." Vegas and Pete walked into the meeting room sitting across from Kinn.

"I've never thought you would be this calm and mature little cousin." Kinn said jokingly.

Vegas smiled uncomfortably at his comment, they never felt like cousins at all.

"We don't want war anymore between us Kinn, we have a child to keep safe, and Macau." Pete said seriously. He wasn't in the mood to joke around.

After Pete had been a bodyguard for so long he knew how dangerous things could get. He didn't want his two children to not be safe.

"Now you worry for your bother Vegas, isn't he going to be the air of the major family after you're gone?" Kinn asked, he wasn't trying to be rude just curious about what Vegas would say.

"As long as I have breathe in me he will never deal with this mafia drama, none of us should have been apart of this at a young age. This is what our fathers wanted for us." Vegas said. He could tell he hit a soft spot in Kinn saying that.

"Ok I agree." Kinn said. Standing up from the table to shook Vegas and Pete's hand.

"So from today on the main family and the major family are one." Vegas said, and all of them shook hands in agreement.

"Hey,can we talk Kinn?  just me and you." Pete said pulling Kinn to the side.

Vegas gave Pete a confused look as they walked away.

"Is Porsche doing ok?" Pete's voice softened when his ex best friend name exasperated his mouth.

"We're fine." Kinn said, annoyed by Pete's question.

"We're!" Pete said grabbing his chest dramatically.

"Yes we're, Pete. We've been working things ok." Kinn said trying to speed up the conversation.

"Oh my fucking god! You took him back after all of that. That's so surprising coming from you, I mean you did cheat on him first so, hmmmm. I don't know maybe that was your karma." Pete said. He was very nosy when it came to any of Kinn's relationship ever since he became a bodyguard.

"Wow you're so pushy, it's my business." Kinn said brushing past Pete to walk out of the room.

"God he's so dramatic." Pete said following behind him out of the meeting room.

Vegas was sitting at his desk playing with Vince in his lap. His head shoot up when he saw Kinn angrily leaving.

"Pete ,what did you to him?" Vegas sighed

"Nothing babe, I was just" Vegas cut Pete off in the middle of his sentence.

"You were being nosy again, look don't worry about Porsche ok. Let's not forget that he literally fucking shot me." Vegas said still playing with Vince.

"You're right, but I still care Vegas." Pete's voice turned sad. Yes break ups were hard , but losing a friend was a different type of pain.

Vegas got up from the chair holding Vince in his arms. Pete looked at his child and laughed at how cute he was.

"I understand you still want to hold on to that friendship, maybe it could workout." Vegas said hugging Pete trying to comfort him.

In reality Vegas could care less about what happened to Porsche, he only wanted Pete to be happy, so he would deal with anything.

"Just don't bring him around me Pete or I may have to kill him." Vegas said in a joking way, but he was serious.

After those months of pain in the hospital going through so much therapy just to walk made him hate him even more. Whenever he got the chance he would deal with Porsche.

"Vegas, please don't try to shoot him." Pete said. It's like he could read Vegas's eyes and the look on his face. Vegas rolled his eyes and turned his attention back onto his son.