Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9-

The minds. I always thought it was easy to read peoples’ minds but this situation was different. I could read the faces but not everyone had the same expression. Why?

My question was answered soon. Jay was being pulled back by the boys before he stormed off in the direction of Eric and the other guy standing with him.

“Who’s that?” I ask Sam in order to finally get something because people were either pulling Jay back like a dog or were too busy drooling over the boys.

“Eric and Brad” she says trying to listen to their conversation. Brad. He’s the guy. The guy Jay is at war with. I thought Aaron said he went to a different school. Eric. Why isn’t he in uniform?

I don’t know what came into my mind. I was just too bored standing there as they talked I decided to walk over. Everyone looking at me as if I’ve lost my mind but I was just going to talk?

Both the boys looked at me as I approached them.

“This would be your schedule see you in class!” Eric handed Brad a sheet of paper as he looked at it before turning to me.

“So the prettiest girl at school who welcomes me or is Jay not manly enough to come say Hi?” he winks at me before he leaves. I turn to find everyone looking at me with their mouth shaped into perfect ‘O’’s. I shrug it off and turn to Eric as he looks at me with confusion.

“Hi” I chime but he doesn’t reply. I wait but he still doesn’t. He doesn’t remember me. He opens a file and starts reading it looking at me from the corner of his eyes. I feel uncomfortable so face palming myself mentally I decide to leave. I should have never done this. This was a mistake. I’m stupid and this seems so wannabe.

“Alysha Kapoor?” I smile as he remembers my name. Maybe looked me up on Facebook because he knows my full name! And that should not make me excited….

“Yes?” I smile at him as he hands me a piece of paper with a soft smile and before I have a second to even look up after looking at it, he’s gone. Gone with the wind.

“What was that?” Aaron and Samantha ask as I walk up to them. I show them the schedule and luckily I have at least one of the three in all my classes.

“I thought you said Brad was in a different school?” I pull Aaron aside as I ask him.

“Yeah he’s here now!” he shrugs it off feeling a little worried. I place my hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him as he smiles.

“But this is my place. Plus, too many bad boys around? Nah!” Jay interrupts as we walk towards our first class. English, maybe we have Ms Miller. But my mind keeps shifting back to Eric. Just two words, nothing else? And why wasn’t he in uniform? Once again my questions get answered when I enter class and find him standing by the teachers table.

“Why is he standing like that?” I ask Sam but I say it out to loud causing him to look at me.

“Ms Kapoor, the school welcomes you. I see you’re a very curious student, so the answer will be because I’m the teacher” he smiles at me as he says that. I look around and find Sam nodding at me. NO WAY! Eric is the teacher? Haha! Joke on the newcomer. But he looks pretty serious when he said that. I get interrupted from my thoughts when a lady comes in and the phones go and everyone is standing straight. She lightly pats my back.

“Alysha Kapoor?” she asks in her accent whispering into my ears as I nod.

She introduces me to the whole class and I just smile as I’m being shown to everyone. Jay is laughing like it’s a joke, Aaron is smiling and Sam is just trying to do both at the same time.