Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23-

I sat in the centre of the stage with my head in my palms as the screaming went on and on.

“Please everyone stay calm!” I tried to calm them down but they didn’t. I kept thinking of what to do but no one was ready to listen to me.

A few minutes ago everyone was busy in the rehearsals until my scene came. As Juliet I had to cry because of something my parents had said for Romeo. I was crying when Eric came to the stage and shook me.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Crying.” I said oblivious of the part.

“You’re a girl. Use your weapon here!” Eric said and that was enough to start the fire.

The situation got worse when all the boys started naming things girls do and that was enough. I walked to Sam and Kyle but they were screaming as if they will eat each other. Jay was smirking as Bridget was asking him to stop.  The weirdest sight in front of all the annoying couples and the battle of the sexes was Charles and his girlfriend. She was calmly sitting in his lap as they talked and I kept wondering how he did that. I moved towards Ms Miller and Eric.

They were the worst. They should have been handling this like adults but instead they got into a fight and now they were remembering all the times one was right and how the other suppressed their feelings. I was just getting tired of asking everyone to stay calm. If I were back in India I would walk away from the stage, plug in my iPod and start filing my nails. Then just go away for shopping or something. But the London Me wanted to solve this problem.

But then the bright light from the door followed its way towards me.

The exact way how an angel walks in walked Aaron Cruise sipping water from a bottle as he looked away eyeing everyone confused and came and sat next to me on the stage.

 “What happened here?” he asked as he looked at everyone and I sighed and started explaining it all to him. I was tired now. Aaron kept sipping his water and as I finished explaining he got up and took the mike and blew in it. Not everyone shut up. So he spilled some water on it and then came the ear screeching noise.

‘Sorry.’ He mouthed as he went back to talking to everyone.

“Greetings everyone! Let’s get the show going!” he smirked and simply everyone went back to the play. The girls were still annoyed but Aaron just made them all smile when he said,

“You know I really can’t see pretty faces get wrinkles! That’s why mum still looks young.” That was the most adorable thing he could say. But importantly, everyone was just quite now and doing the scenes.

I walked close to him and wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug.

“You’re the best, you know!” he chuckled as he placed his hands on my waist and started humming.

“Actually I’m selfish..” he said and took his iPod out and put one earplug in my ear and the other in his and played ‘Nothings Gonna Change My Love For You.’ As I started to blush and move in sync with his feet. I didn’t know what but this was a thing now. We danced closely listening to each other’s heartbeats but then again we had no name for our relationship. I was itching to ask him ‘Why’ or anything and then make a fool out of myself.

“Can I ask you something?” I took the first step to making a fool out of myself.

“Hmm?” he asked humming in my hair.

“Why don’t-“ I was cut off by the loud ringing of my phone. I moved apart from Aaron as I pulled my phone out at last.

“Hello?” I asked to the silence on the other side.