Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16-

When I was young I always had a fear of the dark but then I found a torch in the dark. I always had that fear even in my own house, the fear of going to the dark side. But when I found the torch, I could go in the dark knowing that I’ll be able to just stay there by looking into the pair of those big hazel brown eyes. But who knew that the person who brought out the best within me could be responsible for my worst.

“What do you want? Can you please just leave me alone?” I literally screamed through the phone with a tear trickling down my cheek.

“I should be sad at this moment but after a long time I got to hear some different words from your mouth” said the husky voice coming from the other side of the phone.

I could imagine his face. A light smile of sadness on the face and regret could be sensed in the eyes. I wanted to throw the image out of my mind, but it was too late for me to even cut the phone.

I’ve been in London for over a month now, and I was pretty happy about it. But I don’t know what got into my mind this very moment I called my mother. I totally forgot that this would be one of those nights where all her friends and their children all gather together for a little house party. I had called her just to tell her about the practice.

Our play had started and was going in full flow. Aaron and I were just incredible on stage. Or as Sam says ‘Set Fire On Stage’. Or as Bridget says ‘Fine’. But I take her fine in the other way, the polish one. I had my first ever conversation with Bridget when she greeted Aaron with a sad face and a bone crushing hug. But the way she was all over Aaron didn’t bother me much, what bothered me was the way she was talking to me.

If I were not in London I would have just slapped her across the face. Why? Because nobody, nobody questions my abilities to do anything. Bridget had just crossed the limit or maybe I had no limit set for her since she was forever irritating. After a few snide remarks I just came out and commented on the fact she was my understudy and that was it to make her march out in anger. Aaron, however told me what I did was right. He agreed with me and not her. SCORE.

So when I called my mother I heard voices from behind. One after the other she passed the phone and then it landed in the hands I never wanted it to.

“Just give me a minute and trust me, you’d want to talk” he pleaded from the other side of the phone.

“No. You’re not even wroth a minute, bye” I was just about to cut the phone but I didn’t.

“I was always scared to say hello, because it ends with a goodbye” he said from the other side of the phone and I froze in my spot.

These were my last words to him. Last words is what I hoped. And I was sure that whatever I’m hoping is the truth and not just a perception. With his lack of interest it was for sure that this was the end.

“Was it easy?” I asked with a tone mixed with hurt and curiosity. It has been a long time and I knew that today, I would take all my answers.

“What was easy?” he asked confused.

“Leaving me. Saying everything like you meant it and walking away? Like I was nothing.” the tears were in the corner of my eyes. I knew for sure, I’d cry. I didn’t like crying because it was for the weak. I wanted to be strong.

“You left me” he stated.

“It was the only option I had” I replied to his statement as a tear trickled down my cheek.

“You mean the world to me. Always have, always will. Things got messed up in the past.”

“And it will haunt me in the future” I cut him off in the middle.