Chapter 25

CHAPTER 26-

‘Will I also wear something like this?’

‘No sweety.’

I frowned. ‘You will wear something even more beautiful, perhaps something a little more colourful.’ I remember my mothers words when I had first seen a bride wearing white to her wedding. Her veil was being carried by a little girl around my age, and I wondered if I will ever wear something that beautiful. But, growing up I realized that white wasn’t the colour for Indian weddings. We believed in bright pinks and reds.

But today, when I saw Anne in her wedding dress, I prayed that one day, I could wear something this beautiful.

“It’s not about the dress, you know.” Sam said as she clicked another picture of the bride. I gave her a raised eyebrow when she continued. “It’s about the groom.” She said smiling. Yes, it is about the groom indeed!

Last night, I just cried myself to sleep; it was no surprise to Jay. He knocked on my door in the morning and literally shrieked.

“What were you doing last night? Gta?” Jay asked walking me towards the mirror. I hate showing people my face in the morning, I made sure no one saw me like I was a cavemen but today, I just didn’t seem to care. I didn’t bother telling him what was wrong, he had just come in to get his bandages changed. However, he did miss something on my face. “I really don’t want to push it for a change and ask you what’s wrong. Because I know and I am incredibly sorry, because I don’t know how to do anything.” I weakly smiled at him and shut the door behind.

I had been a couple of months in London. I loved it here. I wasn’t sad about going back, but I was rather looking forward to it. Distances can be good, since I felt much closer to my parents now. I didn’t plug in my earphones when they talked and they didn’t just be busy in work when I was talking. We were getting along. All this happened only because of one guy; Aaron Cruise. Who suddenly has changed and is acting like I don’t exist. I felt so close to Aaron, I felt like he was the only one who understood. I let him in, I fell for him, god knows when and how but somewhere along the way it just happened. But then again, every time I make a stupid mistake of falling in love, things get terrible. I am always the one who is in love the other party is just not on the same page, in my case at the moment, not even in the same book.

“I’m really going to miss you over the summers.” Sam said taking my hand as we walked to get ourselves also dressed. Anne had chosen a move colour dress for the bridesmaids which matched the bows of the groomsmen.

“Aw Sam, I’m going to miss you too!” I said as I hugged her. She gave me a weak smile and got into her dress and then tightened mine.

“Your parents must thinking we starved you to death, you are half of what you were.” She said adding extra pins as she settled my hair and we walked into the chapel and left Anne to come with her parents. We went and joined our group of friends. I stood right next to Jack. We all left in different cars, I came with Jack, Sam and Kyle. Bridget, Charles, Jay and Charles’ girlfriend Amy came in the other car. Aaron cruise was nowhere around.

“Listen everyone, is it just me or these past two weeks Aaron has been acting weird?” Charles asked us all and we looked at each other and nodded.

“Yeah, you will not believe it but I sleep before him these days and when I try to talk, he’s just not himself!” Jay spoke with a sigh as Bridget fiddled with his hair.

That moment Aaron and Jen arrived and went in without even looking at anyone. Soon enough, Eric asked us all to come in.

I was walking with Sam and not looking up at Charles and Kyle. I walked straight up in the queue and gave Eric a light kiss on the cheek.