Chapter 10

Suggestions for the cast pleas? :)

______________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 10-

I wake up as soon as the familiar tone of my alarm buzzes through the speakers landing straight into my ear. I have always known that every time I close my eyes the next time I open them I have to take a step ahead. I might have over reacted or even gotten scared over my first day at school but today I’ll be calm and more relaxed.

After taking a bath and changing to my uniform I make my hair into a neat ponytail and head downstairs.

“Ms Sandra had to leave for work” a butler placing my food in front of me says. I smile at him as I take a bite from my food.

Just like yesterday Sam hurriedly takes a toast as she straightens her uniform. Followed by her comes Aaron trying to wear his belt and shoes at the same time. Lastly comes Jay with drowsy eyes and his general messy hair and half worn uniform as he struggles to wear the other half.

“You look like you’re hung over” I roll my eyes as Jay puts on his shades and gives me a mocking smile.

“And you look dressed!” he says after a while as we head out.

“Did you sleep well?” Aaron asks opening the car door for me. I nod as I sit in side.

“Aaron, could you please meet up the head of the drama department? They need some help with the coming up events” a little blonde girl walks up to Aaron as soon as he sets a foot into the parking lot. He nods and smiles before turning his back to leave. I instantly move closer to Jay and Sam knowing I wouldn’t be able to walk from even a foots distance away from them.

Like yesterday everyone is eyeing us cautiously. Staring at every single step. I shut my eyes as I take another step with those wandering eyes. I know this feeling, the people are different but the feeling is the same. I feel a firm arm wrap around my waist as we move further. I turn to look up at Jay who’s looking straight ahead. I smile inside as I feel more comfortable with his arm around me. Maybe like Aaron he understands I’m new here. We go to the usual group of friends as I feel the grip loosening around my waist. Everyone is talking but they go silent and just that moment the grip tightens around my waist. I look and find everyone looking in just one direction. I find a guy in a school uniform standing with a bunch of girls and boys as he shoots me a grin. Everyones eyes land to me. The person walks over to us and everyone starts looking at me with shock.

“Alysha, hi”

“What do you want?” Jay answers before I could even register the words in my brain.

“I was talking to Alysha, not-“ before he could even complete the sentence Jay lets go off me and takes heavy steps towards Brad. Brad doesn’t back off but lifts his chest up. I could feel the tension between them.

“Look little boy I don’t want to hurt you” Brad warns Jay.

“Oh but I might hurt you if you don’t stay away from all of us” Jay warns him back.

This was like a typical high school scene. Two jocks fighting over..me? I seriously need to know what’s going on. My day is supposed to be bright. But it started on such a heavy angry note.

Within moments of Brad turning back to his group with a grin Jay’s eyes landed on me. He sighs and shoots everyone a look as they all try to lighten things up a little. He takes my arm and we start walking towards class.

“What were you talking about to him yesterday?” his words are straight forward.

“Nothing we just exchanged names..” I shrug as he stops in his tracks.