Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21-

I stood speechless at the sight in front of me. They seemed like real tears that were coming out from her eyes. Sam took a step closer as she took one in her hand.

“Real?” and started laughing but no one laughed. Sam stepped back a little knowing this wasn’t like a joke. It was so confusing at this moment. This could not have been happening. I must be dreaming. I kept pinching myself but no nothing happened. I didn’t fall from the bed and no one laughed. Jay’s expressions were changing.

“Save the drama.” Jay finally said walking down from the booth as Bridget let another tear leave her eye standing in front of all these people. She hugged her body tight and just kept her eyes closed.

“What about us?” she asked following Jay who gave her a small smile as he walked back up and leaned onto her.

“We were us. You had a chance to be us.” Jay spat out as he stormed off this time leaving everyone wide eyed. He just walked off, not saying anything as we watched him light a cigarette as he left.

Everyone stood there slowly moving down but I didn’t move. Sam walked off with Kyle hand in hand and Alex and I just stood for something to happen. A second later I saw Aaron coming whose expression changed when Jay pushed him and he saw Bridget standing on the booth crying. No one even acknowledged her. People had started to leave after the little drama came to an end.

“What happened here?” he asked cautious as he looked at Bridget carefully and she wiped her tears trying to make herself look a little better and not like a zombie.

“We have no clue..” I said truthfully as Bridget looked at Aaron with bloodshot eyes.

“You said I was after the wrong brother..” and she just walked off the stage and Aaron didn’t even get a chance to go after her. She was long gone before he could move towards her or even go after her.

This was so confusing. Alex walked away to find Jay messing with his hair and maybe talk to him or offer a drink whereas I went and started telling Aaron what happened and asked him what Bridget meant. So all this time he had been trying to tell Bridget that she was falling for the wrong brother, there was nothing actually going on between the two.

“Jay loves her.” Aaron said not even looking at me. Love and Jay didn’t match together. He was just not the kinds.

“He’s been hurt by her. I know. No matter what he says but he was crushed when their relationship ended. Because that whole summer I saw him love her, not lust her. For once.” Aaron didn’t know himself what to do.

“I should have never-“ I cut Aaron off by a ‘Shh’ as I placed a finger on his lips and continued further. After listening to everything there was nothing wrong with what Aaron did. Aaron tried to help her realize what she might have been missing. She was using Aaron but positively and there was nothing wrong with it.

“What you did, don’t regret it. I’ll talk to them both.” I said with a smile but he was not satisfied.

“To Bridget as well?” I sighed and nodded but he still needed re-assurance.

“Trust me.” I said rubbing on his hand and Aaron let go of me as I walked and made my way up to where she had stormed off.

I had no clue what I would say because never in a normal tone or except the play I had ever talked to her. Never. I didn’t have a soft corner for her. I didn’t know her. After a while I saw her in one of the washrooms wiping her face as I came in. I thought of what to say but I just didn’t know so I thought about what someone could say to me when I was heartbroken.