Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15-

I looked around as my eyes landed on Eric. He was too focused in some papers while he talked to Ms Miller. Eric had his sleeves rolled up and a coffee mug in his hand. His hair was a little ruffled and just a donut would make the scene perfect, and out of the blue I noticed a bagel land on his hand. I shifted my eyes to another corner and I found Jay leaned in with some junior girl. He held her close to him and kept saying things into her ear as they chuckled and kissed. Shaking my head a little I turned away from them and tried looking around somewhere.

School got started just an hour ago. Right after the first period we got called for practice. We all stood in the auditorium. Everyone scattered talking and laughing as I stood in the middle of the stage not knowing what to do. Aaron had to go talk to one of teachers and said he’ll be back in a minute but it’s been five minutes. Sam went with Kyle and now I have no idea where these love birds are! Charles is supposedly trying to flirt with Ms Miller and Alex, well he’s now having a conversation with his brother. It had been over a week and the play had gotten nowhere.

“I’m back” I feel cool breathe on my neck and my spine becomes straight. I gulp as I turn around and face a smiling Aaron.  He was just standing an inch away from me grinning as he handed me the bottle of soda from his hand. I took a sip as he looked around with me.

“This place looks like a fish market. Except Jay’s tongue going places” Aaron said moving his hand in circles as I chuckled.

It has been a long time now and the practice hasn’t really gotten anywhere. But my conversation with Aaron has.

We were talking about one of my friends back in India who was exactly like Charles. Not even leaving a chance to flirt with every walking thing. We went silent as the laughter went away. I looked at Aaron and noticed him up and down. His hair neatly made in a quiff, his shirt tucked in, his pants crisp. His face flawless and his eyes adding up the shine. His eyes were dreamy yet so clear. I could see my reflection back in them but something about them was different. Maybe the fact that I could see pearls in them under the light or maybe because there was light all of a sudden. I just wanted to look into his eyes because they were clear and literally called me. They were similar to a baby’s eyes. Big, blue and pretty. The

I heard some coughing and then again. Finally we broke the eyes contact and looked around and found Ms Miller chuckling at us. Eric moving the light from us. I gained consciousness straightening myself and standing upright.

We moved a little apart from each other looking away to the same kind of people talking. Ms Miller making her way up to the stage and giving me a smile took the mike and started talking.

I moved on the side with Aaron as I smiled at him and we looked down at the same time and blushed.

“….So from tomorrow I need you all to come on time and today we’ll just sort things out a little.” Ms Miller completed and got down from the stage.

Everyone went back to talking at Ms Miller went and sat with Eric. She started talking to him and kept laughing whenever he said something serious. I had known him for a little time but I could tell his serious face. He looked sexy in that face. His jaw muscles hardening and his gaze fixed on the nearest object in front of him.

“I  think they look cute” Aaron said as we made our way out of the auditorium. The school seemed a little empty. Or maybe our side of the building was since everyone was inside having a gala time!

“Who?” I asked confused as we made our way to a place in the field. The field was silent and the area where the football match was played we took a place at the stands.