Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24-

I kept tapping my feet on the ground, folding the towels in given to me by Sandra as I let long sighs to make my face come back to its normal level and not the mixture of blue and red at the same time.

“You seem worked out!” Bridget spoke in my ear as she took the towels from my hand and my tried taking them since I wanted to be busy and not feel that left out.

“If you’re trying to get his attention, quit the housekeeper role!” She said eyeing me as she took them away and tossed them to the maid who laid them on the table and said smiling but I didn’t smile back.

Sandra and David had a few friends from America in town. Long-time friends. The Twins and Sam sat and talked to the incredibly good-looking siblings they had known since childhood. Apparently I knew Jack and Jennet as well. But I had just met them as kids and I never really cared to meet them when they had come to India. I wonder why I made such a mistake since Jack was so hot and well, I have never laughed so much. But the moment I heard Jennet’s voice I got the answer. She was worse than Bridget.

“Hehaah! Aaron gosh stop with the witty remarks!” She patted on his lap in her squeaky voice and laugh like a donkey! I had a dislike for her more than the one I had had for Bridgtet.

“Well I just said what’s true.” He said smiling and he battered her eyelashes!

I hadn’t realized that Jay had made its way up to where I was standing and waiting for Sam to come back from the kitchen.

“He’s on a roll isn’t he?” Jay asked leaning in as he took a grape and ate it looking at me as he looked back. I just groaned a little when he looked at me with a chuckle and asked what.

“As if any of it is true.” I said rolling my eyes. Jay nodded his head.

“You’re jealous!” he said chuckling as he tried pulling my cheeks but I swapped his hand away and moved back towards Sandra and the Collins.

“You both are ironic. I mean first he gets jealous of Ryan and now you getting jealous of Jennet!” Sam whispered in my ear.

“Jealous of that loud mouth trashy? Never.” I spoke in annoyance at how everyone could see that this was bothering me so much except the person who should!

‘Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them.’ Samaira had once told me.

“Just date already you two adorable people!” Sam said nudging my shoulder and for the first time in the whole day I smiled.  Even though I was thinking of what Aaron and Jen have been in the past. They were best friends and then dated for week and she left, strangely familiar with a stronger bond.

“So tell me how long have you loved him?” Sam asked when she saw me turn back to look at Jennet and Aaron.

“It’s been coming on so gradually, I hardly know where to begin.” I said shrugging my shoulders as a smile appeared on her face and she pulled me closer to her hugging me.

I turned back to look at them. The way Jen was laughing and the look in Aaron’s eyes. The spark. It broke my heart, rather stabbed it deeper that even though I was standing just a few feet away from him, Aaron hadn’t said a word to me all day long. He hadn’t moved from her side. He just kept looking into her eyes and told her how beautiful she looked or how her eyes just mix with his. I could sing ‘That Should Be Me-Justin Bieber’ anytime. My nose was held high as Jen made her way towards me.

“Oh Gosh Alysha… come sit with us! It’s been so long…The last time we visited-“ I cut her off.

“I was busy when you guys came to India!” I completed giving her a look. Since the morning she kept doing that. ‘You were so busy the last time we came.’ Every time saying it in a tone those made me look like the bad person. I was busy, I was out with a few friends and when my father called me to tell me they were staying with us, I reached right on dinner. Then I went straight to bed. I didn’t exchange a word with them while they were ‘exploring’ the city.