C1: Welcome to New York

"Remember Jennie, go home if they mistreat you. But before you leave, kick their balls." Daniel reminded his daughter.

"And don't marry for papers, marry for love. And he needs to be Korean." Amelia also reminded her daughter.

"Momsie please, I'm not going to America to marry, I'm going there to work and save up for popsie's operation. Then when my contract's up, I'll make sure to get a job in Wall Street, get rich, and petition you both so that we can all live a happy and wealthy life in America... And popsie don't worry because I'll be with Jisooni. Besides, this Jennie Ruby Jane Kim takes no shit from anyone because you trained me well." Jennie proudly responded.

"Language please." Jennie's parents said in unison with stern look on their faces.

"Sorry... Momsie and popsie please don't cry. We'll see each other soon. And I promise to call you every day and to send money every payday."

Now the Kims are farewell hugging and ugly crying. It's the first time the 26-year-old Jennie will be away from her parents for 3 years.

"Please take care of yourself popsie. Don't stress yourself and don't work anymore but do your daily walks and take your medications per your doctor. And momsie, don't overwork yourself too, please. Don't work on the weekends anymore. I got you and love you both."

"We love you, too. Please take care. Call us as soon as you arrive in New York."
_______________________

"Manhattan!!! I can't believe I'm really here!!!" Jennie excitedly exclaimed as soon as she stepped out from the airport taxi provided by her employer.

Jennie happily wandered around while admiring all the tall buildings in Manhattan. And being a first timer, she didn't know about the "one way" and "stay on the right" rules when walking in New York streets – IF you don't stay on your lane, you'll get yelled at. Why? Because everybody's busy brisk walking to get into their work and whereabouts. The city that never sleeps is an extremely fast-paced place that you don't want to delay a person by invading their lane and bumping into them. Every single minute counts for time is money.

And that's exactly what happened, Jennie accidentally bumped a girl who seemed to be in a hurry to get to her destination while holding an opened bottle of chocolate milk...

"What the! Watch where you're going!" The New Yorker girl yelled at the naïve Jennie after she spilled her drink on her scrub suit.

"Ohmygod! I'm so sorry, miss." Jennie politely apologized and slightly bowed.

"Next time, you stay on the right!"  The New Yorker girl yelled at Jennie for the second time.

"Mulyehan!" Pissed Jennie responded to the grumpy New Yorker girl.

"Did you say something?" The New Yorker girl tried to intimidate the lost girl.

"I said you're so beautiful." Jennie lied. The word actually means rude in Korean. However, she didn't really lie about her compliment – she found the grumpy New Yorker girl to be incredibly hot and mesmerizingly gorgeous.

"Yeah right. Hope I never see you again." The New Yorker girl sarcastically responded and went on with her life. She knew Jennie lied because who compliments a person with a pissed face and nose flaring? Moreover, she speaks and understands Korean, and Jennie's completely clueless about it.

"You're gorgeous, but too bad your attitude is ugly." Jennie murmured before she went on with her life, but she made sure she stayed on her lane this time, specifically the right lane.